Special Chapter

Thank you for reading Czairina's story. Please do support Frankie's story too entitled Faithful Memories.

Song on the background is After All by Cher and Peter Cetera.

Enjoy reading :)

_____________

"Hey! Have you finally decided what would be the date of your wedding?", Samantha's putting her bag on her forearm when we unexpectedly saw each other on the way to the elevator of the condo unit.

"Aleah wants it to be on December next year"

"Oh! I thought it would be on the first half of the year?"

I smiled sadly at her, "We respect that everyone's still mourning from Gerlie's death. It doesn't felt right to get married this year and... of course you know Aleah..."

She nodded sadly before taking a deep breath.

Our wounds were still fresh. We can't celebrate knowing that one of the most important people in our lives just left us few months ago. And Aleah's still worried about Frankie so I agreed to set our wedding December next year, exactly a year from now.

The elevator opened on the right floor minutes after. I let her step out first before I followed.

"Why don't you join us in our dinner? Aleah and Eros would surely be happy", I spoke when we're near my unit. She then looked at me over her shoulder and shook her head in dismay.

"As much as I want to but I can't. I'll go to the mansion"

"I thought-", she cut me off.

"Dad needs me", she smiled sadly before waving her hand and continued walking straight towards her unit beside mine.

I watched her opened her door and she playfully rolled her eyes when she noticed me still watching.

"Don't pity on me Engineer del Carmen. I'm fine", she smirked and waved again before going inside and closing her door.

She's still the same Samantha I knew. Acting like she's fine but her eyes were actually betraying her because they show what her true feelings were.

Soft laughter attacked my ears as I opened the door of our unit. I immediately saw Aleah and Eros laughing on the couch while talking to someone on the laptop placed over the center table.

"Oh my god!", Aleah laughed with disbelief, "What did you do after? You look like a mess", she giggled. Eros was laughing with her too.

I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face when I saw him scooting beside Aleah, who's subtly caressing his hair.

"You looked so dirty, Tito Lucas", he laughed and pointed at the monitor of the laptop.

My smile faded in an instant as I silently snorted and rolled my eyes while taking away my shoes. They were too busy that they couldn't notice my arrival. I loosened my tie afterwards and silently walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I frowned while looking at them laughing with whatever that foreigner was saying after I drank the glass of water in one go. I hardly put down the glass on the dining table that created a loud thud, reason why both of them turned their head on my direction with remnants of smiles stayed on their face from whatever they were laughing at.