Kabanata 27

Someone asked me before "why Teardrop series ang title ng series mo?", hope the previous and the following chapters could answer her question. :)

please leave some comments. Thank you :)

medyo short update lang 'to. 

_____________________

"Baby..."

Edzel quickly crossed the distance between us. He grabbed my hand which was holding his phone and immediately wrapped me in a tight and nervous hug, reason why Gerlie was forced to let me go.

I cried harder and felt so lost that my knees weaken. They suddenly bent down that I almost kneeled on the floor if only Edzel wasn't hugging me tight. He hugged me more because I couldn't stand on my own. I couldn't even hold him because I don't think I should hold on to him.

"Baby...", mixture of emotions were lacing his voice but fear and regrets were the most evident, "Let me explain. Please hear me out, first"

I lost my grip on his phone that it fell down on the floor, making a loud thud adding to the only sounds that could be heard on the parking lot, Gerlie's shaking voice while talking with someone on the phone, Fayre's silent sobs, and my wild cries of agonies and broken trust.

"Ed..", I couldn't even call his name because it felt like a small knife cutting small wounds on my chest, "Please... please tell me that it isn't true", I sobbed, "Please...."

If only he could tighten his hug more, I think he would do it because he just hugged me tighter this time. I felt him pressing his lips on the side of my head before he rested on it.

"Baby...", he whispered on my ear with the tone that broke my heart more, "I really don't know. I don't know what happened. I just... I just woke up that...", he hardly pressed his lips on my ear when he couldn't find the words to say, "I just woke up that I was already on her bed.... in her condo. But I don't know what happened", he tightened his hug more when he felt that my shoulders shook because I cried harder, "Baby, please believe me, I didn't cheat on you. I would never do that. I love you much. Mahal na mahal kita, Aleah. Alam mo yun, hindi ba?"

I was lost for words. I couldn't think properly. I just wanted to cry it out because everything hurts. All I know is that my heart keeps on breaking with every words that were coming out from Edzel's mouth. That even his I love you's couldn't brush away the pain I'm feeling inside. That even his tight hugs and warm kisses couldn't erase the fact that something happened to them and there's an innocent baby growing inside.

"Baby, please believe me. Mahal na mahal kita, please. Don't leave me. I love you so much, mahal na mahal kita", he kept on saying those words while pressing warm kisses all over my face, "Mahal na mahal kita, Aleah. Wag mo akong iiwan, please", he then kissed my lips but I couldn't respond because I'm just crying out. He renewed his tight hug afterwards but I couldn't respond to anything at all. 

"Edz...", I swallowed the lump on my throat, "May... may nangyari ba sa inyo? Please... please tell me the truth", maybe I'm really torturing myself. Gusto kong marinig mula sa kanya. 

"I don't know, Baby. Swear, Hindi ko alam", he hugged me tighter. 

"But y-you're both naked when you woke up? You're naked? Beside her?", my lips trembled at the thought that they were both naked on Fayre's bed under the comforter.