Kabanata 15

I was left seated with Cariza on our table when they transferred to the next one. My parents went with them too because Tito Ezekiel will introduce Mama and Papa to their business partners.

But even before they could walk away, I felt Edzel secretly held my hand and squeezed it three times before letting it go.

"Ate, do you feel sick?", I heard Cariza's worried voice but I didn't turn to look at her. I remained silent while staring at my water. We've been sitting here for how many minutes now but our parents weren't still here.

I sighed and closed my eyes tightly to hold my tears. Pain is so clear inside my chest. I feel it getting heavier as minutes went by.

Gulong-gulo ang utak ko. What's really happening? Bakit naging sila? Paano kami?

"C-cariza, I'll just go to the comfort room", I stood without waiting for her reply. I was so lost. I don't know where to go.

I was about to step outside the function hall when a hand held my hand and dragged me out. My tears immediately formed on the sides of my eyes when I realized who's dragging me. I felt so weak that I let him bring me to anywhere he wants to bring me.

We stepped out of the hotel and turned left. We continued walking silently until we stopped on the hotel's garden. I thought we're the only one here until I saw Samantha standing not far from us. Her eyes were red and I saw tears forming on its sides.

"Czai, I'm sorry", her voice broke.

I creased my forehead to prevent my tears from falling. When I noticed that Edzel was still holding my hand, I pulled it away and clenched my fist.

He turned to look at me with eyes full of emotions. His lips were parted and his hand which was holding me earlier remained on the air.

"What's happening?", my voice was full of bitterness, "How the hell the two of you happened? Did you betray me?", my voice broke as my lips started to shake.

Edzel went near me in a flash, trying to hold my hand but I wouldn't let him. His eyes soften with my reaction, "No. Baby, no...", he said breathlessly while shaking his head. "I will never do that to you"

"I'm so sorry, Czai. It's my fault", Samantha sniffed, "Don't get mad at Edzel. He didn't betray you. We're not together, that's the truth"

"Then, what the hell was that? What the fuck they were talking about?", I felt so damn lost! My glare turned to Edzel because I want him to explain everything to me. I want him to make me understand, because I'm so fucking hurting right now.

"Baby, calm down first, please", his voice were so soft but that doesn't reduced the hurt that I'm feeling.

"How the fuck would I calm when I'm feeling so fucking betrayed right now?", I pressed my fingers on my temples, closing my eyes tightly, trying to calm myself. I could hear Samantha's sniffs and Edzel's heavy sighs on the background.

I took a heavy sigh when my temper lowered down a bit. I opened my eyes and looked at them, "Explain!"

Edzel sighed first before he opened his mouth, "Samantha asked a favor from me"

"What favor?", my forehead wrinkled more, I have a feeling that Samantha could explain everything to me so I turned my eyes on her. She looks so helpless now, "What's that favor Sam?"

I saw her clenched her fist as she bit her lower lip. Her eyes and nose were red from crying. I'm not used to this version of her. She always looks elegant and strong, not this vulnerable one.