Kabanata 29

My eyes were blurred with my tears as I maneuvered my car out of the condo's basement. I could feel my heart breaks more as my car slowly drove away from our home. I held on the steering wheel tightly to stop myself from turning back because I really wanted to but I know I shouldn't.

I have to let him go.

I tried to get my phone and dialed Frankie's number because I think that he's the only person I could see now. I was just hoping that he would pick up my call because it's already past 3 in the morning. I put my airpod on my ear and listened as his phone keeps on ringing. I almost lost my hope that he wouldn't pick it up until I heard his hoarse voice on the other line.

"Hello?", he seems unsure of who's the caller.

I was about to speak when I heard a moan from his background. That made me halt in a sudden stop. Fuck! Ofcourse he's with Gerlie and they're probably in the middle of.... something.

"Czai?", he cleared his throat and then I heard some movements, "Why did you call? May problema ba?", I could also hear Gerlie's concerned voice on the background.

"I...", I took a deep breath, "Can you go to NAIA now? I need to tell you something"

"NAIA? Why are you at NAIA?", he waited for my answer but I remained silent, "Czairina, why are you at NAIA?"

"Just see me there", I didn't wait for him to answer and ended the call right away.

I drove all the way to the airport and sat on some chairs to wait for Frankie, I'm just hoping that he wouldn't tag Gerlie along. I don't want to cry anymore.

I was staring blankly on the floor while holding my small bag which contains my phone, wallet, bankbooks and passport. On my other hand was the shirt of Edzel I picked earlier from the floor. My eyes pooled as I hug it on my chest. It smelled like him. I think it was the only remembrance I got from him except for our memories.

Not long enough, I saw Frankie and Gerlie quickly approaching me with concern and questions on their eyes.

"Beb", Gerlie immediately hugged me as soon as she's near, "Why are you?"

I bit my lip and opted not to speak. I have no plans of telling anyone where I'm going. I think that would be for the better. Instead of answering her, I turned to Frankie who has a sharp look on me. I knew for sure that even though I haven't tell him my plans, he already has a conclusion on his head. That's how he knows me.

"Please drive my car back to Batangas. Tell my family that I'll call them once I arrive to my destination", I stretched him my hand which is holding the key.

Gerlie looks so shocked while hugging me on my side while Frankie crossed his arms and not even giving a glance on the key I'm giving him.

"What happened?", I looked away, afraid he might read me. But then, when wasn't he able to see everything in me?, "Nag-usap na kayo?"