Eight

MaliKoa

Liked by calumhood, ashtonirwin, and 128,483 others

MaliKoa: When did my Nika get so dang big? I have missed this punk like crazy, good to have her and the brother in London for a the week.

5sos5fan: We love when Cal and Nika go to London cuz Mali gives us Nika content.

Nikahoodfans: New Nika content! I cannot believe our little girl is so big. Enjoy the promo trip around Europe Nika, hopefully some of us can meet you while you are here.

***

"Seriously, Nika girl, who let you grow like six inches since Christmas? It's been like four months." Mali rubs her hand over Nika's head, messing up her curls slightly.

"I don't know. I just did." She giggles.

"Well, as your favorite aunt, I demand you stop growing." Mali laughs.

"I don't think it works like that." Nika grins, "Why don't you come live in LA with dad and I, then you can see me more and maybe I won't seem so big every time I get to see you."

"My music and my life is here though, Punk Princess. Sorry. But how is life in LA? What's new for my favorite eight year old?"

"Rosie got a new dog! My friend, it's a little puppy and she pees all over when she gets excited. But she is cute so it's okay. Except it was kind of gross when she peed on my shirt last week, but Rosie let me borrow one while her mom washed mine."

"A new puppy. That is fun."

"She has so much energy. Not like Duke who just wants to cuddle and sleep 'cause he's old." Nika nods.

"So you going to work on your dad, try and convince him you need your own new little puppy to play with?"

"I should. Duke is his dog, I need my own dog too." Nika lights up at the idea.

"Don't tell him it was my idea, okay? I don't want him to yell at me about it."

"Dad and I had a bad week a few weeks ago too." Nika bites her lip, glancing at the bathroom door, afraid he might hear her from where he is taking a shower.

"Why? What happened?"

"Do you remember Skye?"

"Of course. Does anyone not remember her?"

"She was at the diner when Sierra, Matthew and I went to meet Luke and dad for lunch a few weeks ago."

"Did he panic?"

"I did." Nika frowns, "But dad, he went and talked to her, for a long time. Like half an hour at least, and they were laughing. Then he took her on a date the next day."

"He did what!?" Mali's eyes go wide at the news.

"And he really wanted to see her again, but I asked him not to."