Nine

"You good, Skye?" she startles out of her daze suddenly, glancing over at Dana.

"Ya... just overthinking again. What else is new?" Skye laughs, closing the blank text she was trying to get up the courage to type out and send to Calum. He left four days ago, and she got a text when they landed, and one about dinner and hanging out with Mali the first afternoon, and nothing since.

He promised he would text an obnoxious amount, and she doesn't want to be needy, but four days without a simple good morning, or I miss you... it's starting to mess with her head.

"Boyfriend again? Is this guy worth the stress he seems to be constantly giving you. I thought you were the problem in the relationship?" Dana laughs.

"Ugh, the problem is no one knows about the relationship, and so he literally cannot talk to me unless everyone else is gone, including his daughter. So I haven't heard from him in days. And it's making me psychotic."

"You might already be slightly psycho..." Dana laughs.

"Hey, you may be my best friend, but I will drop you if you start saying shit like that to my face. Save those insults for behind my back." Skye laughs.

"Then I'd be a bad friend. Why don't you head home, I'll finish lock up tonight. You're supposed to be helping your brother with some wedding stuff tonight anyway, right?"

"Oh shit! Yes. I totally spaced it." Skye panics, glancing at her phone before shoving her belongings into her bag quickly.

"I'll see you in the morning then, try to control the frazzle before you hurt yourself." Dana yells after her with a loud laugh.

"I love you, Dana!" Skye calls back, hurrying out the door and towards her car. Arriving at her apartment just in time to change and plop herself in front of the computer for the video call with Asher and Eliza.

"Hey, sis!" Asher answers her call on the second ring.

"Hey, guys! How did the pictures go last week?" she smiles.

"So good!" Eliza grins excitedly. "We are trying to put together a cute invite. I might email you over a couple options for opinions and approvals."

"Please do! I want to help all I can. And with your parents paying for it all I don't feel like I am helping enough." Skye laughs.

"You know my parents don't mind. It's not a big deal for them, and since I'm their only child they really feel like it's their job, especially knowing how Ash and you guys grew up. They have more than enough to cover the small wedding we want. You just help me make it pretty and be the best maid of honor I could ask for." Eliza blushes slightly.

It had come as a shock to both Asher and Skye when they found out Eliza came from a wealthy family. Asher had met her on a backpacking trip with friends where she did not give off the vibe of rich kid at all.

"And you've told them thank you for us a thousand times right?" Skye chuckles.

"Pretty sure it's the only word my dad thinks Ash knows." She smirks back, bumping her shoulder into Asher's who blushes.

"I have thanked him a lot." He mumbles softly.

"Good. I'm so excited. Only a couple more months until the big day."

"I cannot wait. But I will, so that Liza can have her perfect day." Asher smiles over at Eliza, leaning in to kiss her cheek softly.

"You two are fucking adorable." Skye laughs.

"Hey, I have a question." Eliza suddenly lights up.

"What?"

"How are things with your secret lover?"