Thirty-Eight

"I think that's the last one." Ashton sets the box on the kitchen counter.

"You really didn't have to help us." Skye laughs, "But we appreciate it. There were just a few things I wasn't really wanting the movers to do for us."

"I don't mind. KayKay had a trip to the spa planned so I was out a pregnant wife all day anyway. Helping you guys move was fine. Plus, Luke and Michael haven't got to see the new place yet, so I beat them to that." He grins.

"It was the first one I liked online, and when we walked in it was even better. Even Nika was convinced almost immediately that this was the right place for us to move."

"How many bedrooms is it again?" Ashton asks, moving to open the door beyond the dinning space.

"Five, four upstairs, plus that smaller one there. I think Cal wants to get it soundproofed and make it a little at home studio for himself."

"Is it under any bedroom, because even sound proofed it might bug whoever is upstairs a little bit."

"It's under the master bath and closet so it should be okay. Plus he isn't usually beating drums, the bass is less earthquake invoking." She laughs.

"True. Well I like this place, it is very Calum, and very you. I think you guys picked well. Plus, it's like two minutes closer to my house than the old place, just a different direction."

"I'm sure you do like that part." Skye laughs, turning as she hears the front door open.

"Sorry we took a minute, Nika needed a minute to say a final goodbye to the old house." Calum laughs as he and Nika wander through to find them in the kitchen.

"Ashton was just admiring our new home." Skye shrugs.

"You going to miss your old house, Punk Princess?" Ashton asks.

"A little bit. I lived there my whole life. But I like our new house too. My new room is bigger, and the pool is bigger, and the garden out front is bigger." She grins.

"Plus, it's a lot closer to Rosie's house." Calum adds.

"Ya, I like that part too." Nika nods.

"I like it too. I think you guys picked the right house for you. I'll get out of your hair now though, let you three settle into the new place."

"Thanks for the help today, Ash, we'll have everyone over once we are settled for a little party." Calum walks back to the front door to see him out.

"So, we need to put our pictures up somewhere." Skye grins, carefully cutting the tape on the box Ashton had brought in for her.

"Those shelves around the fireplace would be a good spot for some of them." Nika climbs onto a stool to help open the box.

"Yes it would. Why don't you take a few in and place them around. We can adjust them later if we need to. I think the step stool is still in there if you want them higher than you can reach. Or yell, your dad or I can come help." Skye hands her a small stack of frames.

"On it!" Nika grins, hurrying out of the room. Skye carefully pulling the rest of the contents out of the box. Some other photos, and a few journals and things her mom had left her. Possessions she couldn't allow the movers to handle even if she knew it was a little bit silly and paranoid to not.

"Welcome home, Skye." Calum hums, his arms slipping around her waist easily.

"Ten days, we did this in ten days." She chuckles, "Can you believe that?"

"I know. It's impressive. But now we have a safe home where Jordan and no one else knows we live. We can stop living out of suitcases and start building our life together."