Thirty-Nine

"Are you ready for this?" Calum asks Skye as she wanders into the kitchen, her hair curled nicely and a white sundress making her tan skin glow.

"Ready to tell the band and our friends that we are getting married?"

"Yes I am ready for this. Also ready to show off our great new house." She grins, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"And you still love your ring?" He asks, pulling her left hand down so he can look at it again.

"It's better than I could have ever imagined it to be." She nods, "I love it."

"And you're still glad you decided to hold off on the shotgun style wedding?"

"More than. I think my new plan is going to be even better." She nods.

"New plan?"

"The tour ends in Sydney two weeks before Christmas. What if we have the wedding there?"

"Sydney?" Calum's eyes light up at the idea.

"Ya, I mean I want my brothers there, and Derek, and Dana, that's really all for me. And that way your family is already there. Mali can fly out for the wedding and the holiday and we can leave Nika with your mum and Mali while we go to Bali or New Zealand or somewhere for a little honeymoon."

"I love this plan." Calum grins.

"I was hoping you might. And a June to December engagement isn't too short or too long. It will be perfect."

"So long as you're the one I get to marry, it will be perfect." He hums, kissing her lips softly a couple times.

"People are here!" Nika yells from upstairs, the sound of her running from her room filling the house.

"You're brothers already know, and so does my family, let's tell our friends so I can announce it to the world that I've got my girl for life now." Calum kisses her one more time before moving around her to greet their guests at the door.

"Skye! This house is amazing!" KayKay sets a container of cookies on the counter as she comes in.

"Oh my goodness, you are glowing!" Skye responds hurrying around the counter to hug her friend. "Look at these little ones." She coos, cradling KayKay's bump softly.

"Look at this not so little one!" Kay gasps, grabbing her left hand and lifting it to examine the ring.

"He apparently saw the need to spoil me a bit too much, but I'm not complaining. It's more than I ever could have asked for." Skye giggles.

"When?"

"Wednesday. We were unpacking and making dinner and he surprised me right here in the middle of the kitchen."

"That is so cute! I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thank you. We are thinking December in Sydney. I hope these babies are cooperative so you can come."

"We'll make it work. I'm not due until late January."

"Hey, ladies." Sierra walks into the room with Matthew on her hip.

"Hey. Welcome to our new house." Skye grins as Crystal follows her into the space.

"I love this house, Skye." Crystal grins.

"Me too. It's been three days and it already has the best memories being made in it." Skye sighs.

"Alright, sappy sue." Ashton laughs loudly as the boys wander through into the kitchen.

"She's allowed to be extra happy like this this week." KayKay swats Ashton's chest.

"Yes buying a new house is exciting. And it is a very nice house." Michael says sarcastically.