Thirty-Five

"You sure you want to leave this place?" Skye smirks over her shoulder at Calum as she steps through the door into the quiet house.

"No, but also yes. I've lived in this house for ten years. It has so many memories. Where I brought Nika home, where I met you, where we all quarantined together for months during the Covid-19 Pandemic, where I cried for weeks after you left... so many good and not so good memories that have made this house a home. But for the safety of my family and for the growth of us as we take the next step together in our relationship, I'm ready to say goodbye to this place and find a place where we can build our life, where we can have room to grow our family if we so choose, where our family can make a million and one more memories." Calum spews, taking her hands in his.

"Marriage? Kids? Houses? We're growing up real fast here, Hood." She laughs.

"As long as I'm growing up with your hand in mine I don't mind." He chuckles, stooping slightly to kiss her lips.

"I don't mind either."

"You know what this house does need before we leave it?"

"What?" Skye asks, seeing a change in Calum's eye.

"The celebration of you becoming my tentative fiancée." He hums, dropping her hands to grip her waist instead.

"I think you might just be right about that." She runs her hands up his arms until they fall around the back of his neck.

"I love you, Skye Daniels." Calum whispers, leaning his forehead against hers.

"I love you more than anything, Hood." She giggles softly before his lips attach to hers, capturing the noise. The kiss is long and slow, building a warmth within Skye's chest and stomach as Calum holds her close.

"Come on, I need to show you what you mean to me." Calum gently pulls against the back of her thighs, getting her to jump slightly. Wrapping her legs around his waist as he catches her with ease. Threading her fingers into his soft curls Skye trails her lips along his jaw as Calum heads for their bedroom, surprised when she is dropped instead on the bed in the guest room.

"What—" "This is where I first loved you like this, and it's where I want to love you again tonight for the first time as my fiancée." Calum interrupts, pressing a kiss to the skin just below her collar bone.

"You haven't even asked me yet." Skye laughs.

"It's was decided at dinner that we are getting married, and we are getting married soon. You are my fiancée even if it's secret until I can get your ring." Calum chuckles into her neck. "And I'm going to love you here and now with everything I've got." His tone drops as his kisses grow heavy against her collarbone.

Running her hands over Calum's back, Skye works his shirt from where it's tucked into his slacks. Moving her hands around to undo the buttons once it's been freed. Shoving it off his shoulders as his teeth bite at the neckline of her dress, teasing across the top of her breasts.

"Eager there, baby?" Calum chuckles.

"Always for you." She pants, pulling his head down as he lifts off her, connecting their lips heavily. Calum's hands taking a turn to wander, running over the curves of her body, squeezing at her hips, over her breasts, and for a taunting moment Skye believes one around her neck before he pulls off her all together, reach out for her hand.

"What?" Skye creases her eyebrows as she lets Calum guide her to her feet.

"I need this off." He hums, spinning her until she is facing away from him, his warm fingers tickling across her shoulder blade as he reaches to release the zipper. Goosebumps erupting on her spine as they trail feather light after the metal clasp as it is pulled towards her hips.