Twenty-Eight

Skye is more than relieved when the band is brought into the party. The crowd of friends and team members cheering for them before they are allowed to join in on the festivities. Sitting in the other room had been awkward to say the least, and she is convinced that is her fault. None of them knew how to talk to her, except Ashton. She honestly thought he would be one of the hardest to convince, but apparently not.

"Want me to grab you a drink?" Calum asks close to her ear.

"We could go together to get them." She shrugs, not too keen on being left at a table with the others without him right now.

"You aren't going to make any progress with them if you don't try." He mumbles into her ear knowingly.

"Is this really the right setting to work out my issues with them?"

"It's the setting you're getting. I'll be back, I know your favorite cocktail." He kisses her temple softly before stepping away.

Turning back to the table Skye is surprised to see KayKay watching her. "Congrats." She calls across the table with a smile, surprised when KayKay steps around Luke and Sierra to take the spot Calum just vacated.

"Thanks." KayKay smiles, "Um, I know you probably feel kind of weird being here. But I could really use your help. I was nervous about having one baby, two is really freaking me out. And you're a child care specialist."

"Hey, just because Sierra still hates me doesn't mean you have to too. I want a chance to apologize to everyone, truly, but this isn't exactly the right place for that. I'm here to stay, KayKay, for good. I promise. My family is stable, well other than the shit show that is my dad. But the family I claim is, and I'm in the right place to be able to deal with Calum's crazy life. I promise."

"I want to believe that, and I trust you as a child care specialist."

"I'm here to stay." She repeats, "And I will be happy to help in anyway you need with the babies. Ashton already hinted to me that you guys might be feeling a little overwhelmed. First bit of advice, it's valid to be feeling overwhelmed. Two babies at once is hard, and you will not love every second of it, but you will love both these babies with everything in you, and it will be the best and hardest thing you guys ever do together. I can promise you that. You know how quickly these guys jumped in to help Cal when he took on Nika alone, they will all be behind you guys too. All of us will, we will all be here to support the Irwin twins."

"I know. It's just-" "Overwhelming?" Skye finishes for her with a small chuckle.

"Very." She nods.

"Relax, you've got six more months to prepare, and I will help anyway I can." Skye smiles.

"Thank you." KayKay pulls her into a hug.

"No problem." She laughs, hugging the girl back. One couple down, two to go.

"NO WAY!" Skye turns from KayKay as a hand is set on her shoulder, "The best roommate I ever had." Roy is standing beside them grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey! I heard that." Calum laughs as Skye turns to hug Roy.

"Good to see you, Roy. It's been so long." Skye laughs.

"Glad you came home, Skye, it wasn't right without you around."

"Back for good this time. Sorry life took me away for so long."

"It happens. But you found your way back and that's what matters."

"Can you convince others of that too?" Skye laughs.

"I'll work on them for you." Roy winks, nodding towards Michael and Crystal.

"Thanks roomie." Skye chuckles, accepting the drink Calum brought her.