Thirty-Two

⚠️ TW// medium ⚠️

Skye is hardly thinking as she knocks rapidly against the white door, tear tracks on her cheeks and the papers in her hands.

"Sk— what's wrong?" Luke frowns, concern written across his face as he takes in the sight of her.

"Is Si here? I— I didn't know who else to go to." She asks, swallowing a sob as another tear leaks from her eye.

"Ya, She's out on the patio having a glass of wine. Is everything okay?"

"I don't know. Can I?" She motions past him.

"Ya, of course. Did Calum do something? Is he okay?"

"He's fine. He's home." She waves off his questions as she moves around him, heading towards the back door quickly.

"Si." She stops in the doorway, wanting permission to have this conversation. She knew she was pushing her luck, but Sierra had been her best friend, and she needed that friend right now.

"What's wrong?" Sierra frowns, her full attention on Skye.

"Cal—" She pauses to take a deep breathe, "Cal had the lawyers dig up everything they could on my dad... to force him to drop charges. Si... why did he do this?" She lifts the papers slightly to indicate she means what's written.

"Oh, baby, don't do that. Come here." Sierra frowns, standing and pulling Skye into a hug. "Don't you dare start to ask why about that asshole and his choices."

"He, he left us for drugs... he's a drug dealer, Si." Skye cries, "I knew he was an asshole but he was addict too? He stole all our savings to buy drugs. Drugs he took and sold. He really loved the substances more than his entire family?"

"Sit down, Skye. Come here, let me see what we are dealing with here." She gently takes the papers from Skye's hand as she pulls Skye onto the couch behind her. Luke appearing with a blanket and a second glass of wine while Skye waits for Sierra to read.

"You seemed like you needed this." He offers with a sympathetic smile before retreating back into the house to give the girls some space.

"Oh shit!" Sierra gasps after a couple minutes, Skye swallowing a large sip of wine knowing what part she got to.

"Skye. You are not mad about your dad being a druggy. That doesn't even faze you compared to this part and I know it." Sierra's eyes are filled will pain as she looks up to meet Skye's.

"How could he do that to me?" Skye instantly starts crying again.

"Which one? Your dad or Jordan?" Sierra whispers, pulling Skye into a tight embrace.

"I stood up for him, defended him, believed in him, more than any other human on this planet did." Skye's voice breaks, squeaking as she sobs.

"Are you still as close as you were?"

"No. He stopped trying about a year ago, dodged my calls, stopped responding to my texts... I knew he was doing something he shouldn't. That was always a sure fire way to know he was doing something stupid... but this? He has been one of my best friends since the day he was adopted. How... how do I deal with it? He knows how much my dad hurt me, how much we struggled after he left, and he ditched the family and started dealing for my dad? That's where he found safety in that world? My best friend, my cousin, the one I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches and grape juice at grandmas house with. The person I thought trusted me and who I trusted... he has been dealing and taking drugs with my dad for ten years? And I believed in the good in him so much that I believed he was trying to change his life after he got out of jail six years ago..."