Twenty

Updating tonight since I have to be up and out of the house before 7am tomorrow. Enjoy 🤍
———

Calum
Be ready in twenty, We
are going away  for the
night. But bring your
sleeping bag. No excuses
this time. See you soon,
Skye, I love you

Sighing, Skye climbs off her couch, having just got comfortable there for the evening. She's been avoiding Calum, despite Bryce's advice, since she got back to LA a few days ago. Not necessarily because she didn't want to see him, but because things have only gotten worse every time they talk, and she can't handle things getting even worse between them. A night away just the two of them might be exactly what they actually need though.

Throwing random things into a bag quickly, barely making sure she has everything she needs she can't help but start feeling giddy. Even when they had been together before, nights to themselves had been few and far between, seeing as she was the nanny then also. Somehow Calum had come to the conclusion that this is what they needed and she couldn't be more grateful, knowing the only way they were going to get back on the same page with everything was to have time to really reconnect.

Twenty-two minutes later Skye hears the lock click, swinging her bag over her shoulder as she stands, meeting Calum in the kitchen.

"Glad to see you haven't changed the locks." He half jokes.

"No..." She sighs, "I'm sorry I've kind of avoided you, I just couldn't take the idea that things could get worse between us."

"I don't want that either. I got the car all packed and a little campsite booked up the coast an hour or so, lets get away from the world, reconnect just us. Nika is at a sleepover with Rosie, Ash is picking her up for me tomorrow since they have drum lessons anyway. Let's get out of LA, away from your job, my job, the media, the fans, the expectations and hate. Let's get out of town and just be us for the next twenty hours or so."

"You don't have to ask twice. I was hoping camping was the answer to why I was bring my sleeping bag." She grins.

"When you left, I missed camping more than anything. Camping was something you really introduced me to, and the fun we would have with your brothers, with Nika, it was what I missed more than anything else."

"We can talk in the car, Cal, lets get going." She laughs, shutting him up with a quick kiss.

"I'm so glad you aren't saying no." He grins, grabbing the sleeping bag off the table with one hand while lacing his fingers through hers with the other.

"I'd never say no to camping with you, Cal."

Skye laughs as she climbs into the front seat of the Range Rover, seeing the back filled with more than they could ever need for one night of camping. "How long did you say we were going for?"

"Shut up, you and Asher haven't been around to keep me camping. I over packed to make sure I had everything. This is supposed to be cute not funny." Calum pouts.

"You have cute down, don't worry." She leans over to kiss his cheek before strapping on her seat belt. "We still need to like, talk though. You know that right?"

"I know." He sighs, forcing a long stream of air between his lips. The car falling silent suddenly and awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." They both blurt at once.

"You're sorry, I'm sorry. I let my fear of the fans and their thoughts, and my friends and their concerns, push off the things I should have just accepted right off. I knew getting back into something with you would mean facing all of them. I should have just done it head on. It would have forced everyone to deal with it before any ultimatums or management control shit could happen. I was never ashamed of you, Skye, but I should have worried more about how things would affect you, and us, and less about how everyone else would feel about it. So, I'm sorry." Calum rambles out quickly, but with a tone of sincerity.