Twenty-Five

*updating tonight because I will be busy tomorrow!*

⚠️ TW// medium ⚠️

The wedding day seems to pass in almost a blur for Calum, watching Skye take over the role of Maid of Honor, mother figure to the groom, responsible adult, all while looking like a pure goddess. Her long dark hair curled down her back, the pale blue dress she is wearing the perfect color for her skin tone with the red rock background.

The best part though, better than the fancy dress or curled hair, is the pure joy visible in her eyes as she gets to experience her younger brother marry the woman he loves. Watching her talk with family, help with anything she can, and seeing the pure love she has for her brother is indescribable.

"Can I sit here?" Calum had lost sight of her for a while, sitting at a table nursing a drink while Nika ran around the dance floor with a few of Skye's younger cousins.

"Do you have time to?" He cocks an eyebrow at her, pulling the chair out for her.

"Liza's mom told me if I try to do anything else tonight except oversee cleanup she will break my ankles or fingers or both." Skye laughs, leaning against the table.

"A bit violent but maybe the correct threat." He laughs, draping an arm over her shoulders.

"Having a good time?"

"The best, Asher looks so happy."

"I know." Skye smiles, finding her brother across the room, Liza sitting on his lap as they talk with some friends. His eyes and smile lighting up the whole space as he looks at his new bride.

"And I'm here with you, and that always makes things better." He hums, leaning over to kiss her bare shoulder.

"I'm so glad you came, Cal. Really and truly, it means so much to have you here with me."

"Nowhere else I'd rather be." He pulls her into his side, her head falling to rest against his shoulder as they watch the party going on around them a while.

"Alright! First, thank you all for coming out tonight to celebrate the new Mr. and Mrs. Daniels. Eliza is going to do the bouquet toss next so if all my single ladies could find their way to the center of the dance floor, and everyone else could clear off, we will get that going. Asher will be doing the garter toss following the bouquet." the DJ pulls everyone's attention.

"Get off your ass, Maid of Honor, you are part of this." Eliza points at Skye as she passes. Rolling her eyes Skye reluctantly gets up from her very comfortable place on Calum's shoulder to wander to the middle of the dance floor with the ten or so other girls waiting. Nika among the little girls at the front who are giggling excitedly.

The DJ starts playing the classic, Single Ladies by Beyoncé, as Eliza gets into place, turning around and tossing the flowers over her head. As if her body knows it's instinctual, Skye lunges for the flowers with the rest of the group and is equally surprised when her hand tightens around the stems of the roses.

"I knew it!" Eliza grins, running to hug Skye, "I knew it was you who would catch it even if you didn't think you wanted to."

"Alright gentlemen, your turn." The DJ calls out as the girls clear the dance space. Skye steps to the side of the floor as Bryce and Calum excitedly join Asher's friends on the dance floor.

"I hope daddy catches it." Nika giggles, hugging herself around Skye's waist.

"Do you know what it is supposed to mean when someone catches the bouquet or garter?" Skye laughs rubbing a hand over Nika's back.