Seventeen

Why was Hood in the hood?

Calum Hood bassist of 5 Seconds of summer seen leaving an apartment complex in the less than glamorous part of LA last night

Hood was caught by a DailyMail reporter leaving an apartment in a middle class neighborhood of LA around 9pm last night. He appeared to be upset, quickly climbing behind the wheel of his Range Rover and leaving the scene.

Hood (29) was alone, meaning his 8 year old daughter, Nika, was spending the evening elsewhere. Hood has been single since calling things off with event planner Emily Bloom nearly a year ago. A short relationship fans deemed a rebound after long term girlfriend, and nanny, Skye Daniels left him in tatters. His late evening visit to an apartment complex across town has sparked the idea that he may be seeing someone new, and fans have weighed in that they would be thrilled for the bassist if he were finally to have met someone who makes him happy again. 

UPDATE TO THE STORY!!
Multiple sources have reached out to inform us that the apartment building Hood was seen leaving last night is rumored to be where former girlfriend Skye Daniels now lives. Is Hood seeing someone new or rekindling an old flame..?

"Fuck." Calum groans to himself as he reads over the update on the article. This was exactly what he was supposed to avoid. Now fans and media alike will be searching for any indication that he and Skye have rekindled things. Management isn't going to be happy and neither is Skye.

"What's up?" Ashton asks, falling into the couch beside Calum, leaning over his shoulder to read the article quickly.

"Damn. Nate's going to be pissed."

"Ya, and he's not the only one." Calum sighs, "She doesn't want it to stay rumors if it got out. She is terrified after how people acted when it was just rumor the first time. She's scared she is going to lose her business if paps start stalking her again. She was pissed when I told her what they were asking of us last night. She sent me home, which of course is when this photo got taken. If she hadn't got so mad we could still be a secret, no one would have a clue. But now, now our names have been connected again and I'm caught between the band and her..."

"Cal, our album is on the line. You can't just ignore that." Ashton shakes his head.

"One album, we've survived not making number one on billboard before. She could lose her whole business, she put everything she had into building it. She takes care of babies and small kids, if paps swarm the area parents are going to withdraw their kids, she will lose it all. I don't want to be on Nate's bad side, or any of yours, but I kind of see what she's mad about. I see why she is afraid. I mean, we had paparazzi in our own backyard spying on us when it was a rumor before, I'm sure she is terrified of the idea that they would try and get into her place of work just for a snapshot of her for another story about how bad it is for us to be together again. Paps don't care about ruining her business, or her reputation, or anything. They just want a story. I don't want to create issues with the band, and yes I want another number one album, but..." He sighs, "I feel like she gave me an ultimatum and I can't lose her again, Ash."