Fifteen

"Nika Joy! Let's go." Calum yells, collecting his things from the counter.

"Ready!" Nika runs out, backpack over her shoulders.

"Are you excited to get back to school?"

"Ya, a few more weeks and it's summer though. I'll still get to see Rosie over the summer, right?" She asks as they head out to his car.

"Until we go on tour in July, yeah."

"Good."

"Amber is going to be picking you up after school, okay? I have to work at the studio late, and I might go over to Skye's house tonight. But I'll see you in the morning before school for sure."

"Skye could come to our house you know."

"I know, baby girl, but I was going to surprise her. Hard to do that if I am inviting her to our house."

"I guess that is true. But I'll see you in the morning?"

"Ya, Amber can help you do your homework and get dinner tonight thought. Matthew might be with her until Sierra gets done with her work too. I know you like when she brings him along."

"Ya, I like Matthew. He's like my very own baby brother. Even though he isn't really."

"He's your cousin though, sort of. Because Luke is my brother. You two are the only 5sos kids so far. I don't think anyone would be mad that you feel like a big sister to him. I think you are going to end up feeling like a big sister to any babies my bandmates or I have in the future."

"You want to have more kids someday?" Calum can hear the smile in Nika's voice.

"Of course. I'll always have you, Punk Princess, but I think it would be fun to have one or two more kids too. Would you want a brother or sister?"

"One of each would be fun." Nika giggles slightly at the idea.

"I think it would be too."

"Would you want Skye to be there mom? And would she be my mom too then?"

"I would hope it was Skye, yes." Calum smiles to himself as he pulls up outside the private school Nika has been attending for the past two years, turning in his seat to Nika, "Whoever it is, Skye or not, they will also be your mom too. The person I choose to have more kids with, they have to start by loving the great kid I've already got."

"Skye loves me, right?"

"Since the day she met you in auntie Crystals office five years ago."

"I kinda think I might hope it's Skye too." Nika grins, leaning over the front seat to kiss her dad's cheek.

"Love you, Nika Joy, have a good day back in class."

"Have fun at the studio, dad." She calls back as she hops out of the car, Calum watching her skip excitedly towards the redheaded little girl by the door, smiling when Rosie notices Nika and runs to meet her. She may have her moments, but Nika is a good kid, and Calum is damn proud of who she is becoming.

Shifting the car back into drive, Calum pulls out, heading across town to the studio, knowing there are a lot of things to finish for the announcement of the new album later this week. It could be a very long day.

Not surprised to see everyone gathered around a table when he walks in, Calum joins them as the last to arrive. Taking a seat between Ashton and Luke as Nate waits for him before opening his mouth.

"Good, Cal's here. Because Cal is the person we need to discuss things with." Nate smiles.

"What is there to discuss about me?"

"Well, the single we are releasing with preorder has a whole lot to do with you, and your former girlfriend, who is actually your girlfriend again, but fans don't know that part. And she is a sour subject for them. So we need them to not know about that until after the album hysteria happens."

"I get to love who I want to love. The only reason I'm staying quiet about Skye and I is because she and I are not ready to deal with the media side of it. They weren't exactly nice to us last time."

"Does she know what single is being released with the album preorders and that it is about her?"

"She isn't going to care, but no she hasn't. She liked the last album that was a lot more about her than this one is."

"I don't want any backlash from her about it. No sly comments online or hostile looks if she is around."

"Do you remember Skye at all?" Calum rolls his eyes, "She's going to love the song and she won't be a problem. Move on."

"I also want to reiterate that total silence about your relationship is critical to the album drop going smoothly. We have all see the way your fans can act online and the mob mentality they can build. If they are all canceling you for dating her again, it is going to effect the charts. If or when you are asked, you are single. End of story."

"Unless she and I decide otherwise. At twenty-nine, I get to decide what the fuck I want to say about my relationship, and no one gets to tell me I don't get to be happy and open about that love just like everyone else is. I wouldn't have gone back to her if I wasn't sure." Calum folds his arms across his chest sitting back in his chair.

"Dude, please. For the album. Do you remember how badly it sucked when we missed charting number one for CALM a couple years ago? Don't let this one follow in that path." Ashton says more kindly.

"You'd be upset if things were messy with the fans because of Skye and that is why we don't get the top spot in the charts, you know it, Cal." Michael adds.

"Well maybe the fans need to stay the fuck out of my life?" Calum huffs, "I can date whoever the hell I want, remember?"

"You have reminded us many times in the last few weeks, and we are coming to terms with the fact that you are back with Skye. But the fans don't know you, or her, the way we do, and they are only going to see the pain your split caused. The single isn't really going to help show she is great. It's literally about how you felt the pain of a disconnect happening at the end of the first go around." Luke responds pointedly.

"Michael's verse gives small hope...." Calum grumbles.

"Ya, something we all thought was delusional of you to add when we heard it the first time. And the fans aren't going to take it as hope for Skye to be back, they are going to see it as you having hope for something or someone else to come. If they find out you wrote that hoping she would hear it and come back, they are not going to like it." Ashton sighs.

"You have to deal with the truth of the fact, Cal. The fans do not like Skye, and it is going to take a lot to get them back on her good side. Don't jeopardize the album for it. There will be a time when it is more appropriate for your relationship with Skye to come out, and it will come. But it's not until after the album is out." Michael smiles sympathetically.

"I'll think about it. But I'm not ashamed of my relationship, and I don't give a flying fuck what everyone else thinks of it, because I know the truth of it."

"We know, Cal, but we also know you know this industry is a big game, and you have to play the game to stay relivant." Ashton pats his arm, "And as much as it sucks that it effects our personal lives, we all know it does, and we all know Skye knows it does too. She is going to understand this, Cal, she's not stupid. She knows how the fans feel about her."

"Doesn't mean I have to like it."

----------------------------------
Cal is upset by being told what to do with his own relationship! Are the others concerns valid?

How will Cal deal with it?

What will Skye think of it all..?

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)