Twelve

Skye

Morning baby, hope you
have a great day. I'll call
you later.

I miss you Skye, can't
wait to see you in a
couple weeks.

Hope your day went
well. I wish you hadn't
been to busy when I
had time to talk earlier.
I love you, Skye.

Skye

Morning love. Have an
amazing day! I have
more time off today,
call me when you have a
minute? I miss your voice.

I wish I would have heard
from you today. I really
miss you, baby. I'm sorry I
was so distant before. I was
trying to find the right
balance. Please call me
tomorrow.

Skye

Only a couple more days
baby. I'll be at your door as
soon as I can. I miss you so
much Skye. Please call me
back, I know you're mad.
I miss you, and I love you,
baby.

"Come on, dad!" Nika sighs, waiting with her arms folded at the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry, does the Punk Princess actually want to hang out with me for the first time on the entire trip?" Calum rolls his eyes at her.

"I might be mad but you're still my dad. And when we come to Paris my dad and I always get yummy food and walk around the shops, and I still want to do that." She huffs.

"So you aren't going to hate me forever is what you are saying?" Calum laughs, grabbing his wallet off the nightstand before guiding Nika from the room by her shoulder.

"I don't think I could hate you forever, dad." She giggles, "But I can be mad forever."

"You don't seem very mad right now."

"It's called acting." She rolls her eyes.

"Oh ya? Why are you acting so hard to like me today, baby girl?"

"Because if I like you, you're more likely to buy me cute stuff I see."

"You're playing the manipulation game then I see." He smirks, messing up her already messy curls as they step into the elevator.

"Only because I know it works on you, the best dad in the whole world." She smiles sweetly up at him.

"We'll see about that, Nika Joy." He chuckles, pulling out his phone as it buzzes. His disappointment shows when it isn't Skye's name on the screen, despite the fact that he knows she should still be asleep a while longer.

"Why have you been sad for the last couple weeks, dad? I know I am upset but you have been too. Ash said you were happier because of Skye, but you don't seem happy to me." Nika's eyes go soft as she asks.

"Um," Calum sighs, trying to figure out how best to explain things to Nika. "I am happier with Skye, Ash was right about that. But, it's really hard to see everyone else I love be angry at her and me. I've been upset because no one really wants me to date her. You included. I love her, Nika, and I don't like that none of my favorite people are happy for me. Does that make any sense?"