Thirty-Three

Charges Dropped!

Charges brought against Calum Hood (5 Seconds of Summer) over a physical altercation a couple weeks ago in Utah have been dropped without comment

Joseph Daniels has dropped charges against the musician after filing them days after the initial incident. Hood was being accused of assault and battering after being involved in a physical altercation with Daniels outside a private event in Moab, Utah on the evening of June sixth.

Reason for the charges being dropped were not listed.

"So, you got him off your back then?" Ashton asks Calum as the group of them finish reading through the article that had been posted less than an hour before. The four of them gathered in Michael's backyard enjoying some time away from the rehearsal space together.

"Ya, but the consequences of getting him off my back..." He sighs, "It ruined Skye. She hasn't smiled in two days."

"What do you mean? Is that why she came sobbing to our house the other night?" Luke frowns.

"Ya. Thank Sierra for me too. Skye really needed her in that moment."

"Sierra really needed it too, honestly. She needed something to force her to stop being stubborn about the Skye thing." Luke half chuckles.

"What did you have to do, Cal? You were adamant about not paying this guy off. So what worked?" Michael frowns.

"We hired a private investigator to find dirt on him. And they uncovered an over flowing shit show of issues. This guy literally has the FBI watching him..."

"What?"

"The only reason he's not in prison already is because he's the little guy in the operation. He can lead them to bigger and more powerful people. But that..." he sighs, "that's not the part that broke Skye. You'll know soon enough anyway, I mean she officially turned in what we found today. She wanted to do it herself." Calum runs a hand through his curls, he should have insisted on going with her to do that.

"What did you figure out?"

"Do you guys remember her cousin? Jordan. The one who was accused of homicide before, and like the reason she found our band..."

"Ya, he came out here a couple times before. He was a little different but over all seemed like a cool guy." Ash nods.

"The PI dug up some video footage of her dad doing his job in the drug trade he is part of... and her cousin is like his apprentice. Like if you know him you know it's him, there is no doubt. As soon as I saw it I knew and I was devastated. It ruined Skye to find out..." The room goes quiet, no one sure what to say in response to that.

"Ya." Calum half laughs, no humor behind his voice.

"Well that's some real shitty news to hear." Luke mumbles.

"She was pissed at me when she found the folder after I got home, when she realized I'd lied about where I was going on that trip I took. And when she left she took the folder. I was trying to figure out the best way to tell her and having her find out while she was alone in her car and not where I could help... it definitely wasn't the right way."

"Damn." Michael breathes out heavily.

"I'm trying to figure out what I could do for her to help her feel any better. I know there isn't a ton I can do, because her best friend was just outed as a piece to the drug selling system her lowlife dad is part of, but I have got to see her smile again or I'm going to lose it. I hate how sad and hurt she is."

"You'll figure something out, you know her better than anyone." Ashton says confidently.

"The problem is, if she was sad for any other reason I'd set up a little midnight picnic to watch the stars. But she really fell in love with the stars because of him... so I don't feel like it would help all that much."

"You'll figure it out, Cal. We know it." Luke pats his arm softly.

"Thanks. I think I'm going to head home, I want to check on her. See how she's doing tonight. Her and Nika were having a little self care night with food and face masks and nail polish. But they should be done by now."

"Let us know if we can help with anything." Ashton calls, Michael standing to walk Calum out.

"Thanks, I will." Calum nods, heading for the door quickly.

The short drive through Studio City to his home gives Calum more than enough time to do some thinking, his anxieties growth noticeable in the way his fingers tighten over the steering wheel repeatedly. Stepping through the garage door, he glanced around the living room, thinking about all the memories he has in this house. From buying it, to remodeling it over the years, bringing Nika home scared to death, the place she took her first steps, the cabinet knob in the kitchen where she hit her head four days later and had her first stitches. Meeting Skye in this very spot five and a half years prior on her first day as his nanny, enjoying the CALM album release with her in the living room, dancing around the kitchen with her arms around his neck and Nika seated on his foot. A soft and emotion filled smile tugging at the corners of his lips and he thinks of each moment. He's pulled from his thoughts as a door down the hall creaks, expecting to see Skye he's surprised when Nika walks into view, sleep in her eyes.

"What are you doing up, Punk Princess?" He chuckles, her hair tied up nicely in a silk scarf; No doubt the work of Skye.

"I heard you getting home." She shrugs, wrapping her arms around his hips, leaning her head against his stomach.

"Did you have a good night with Skye?"

"Ya. We had a lot of fun. She is so great."

"I think so too. I wish I could help her be happy again."

"I know what would make her happy." Nika says matter of fact.

"Oh ya? And what's that?" Calum laughs.

"I want her to be my mom, dad. For real. And I know it would make her happy too."

"What are you saying, Nika Joy?" Calum's chest tightens suddenly.

"I think you should marry her."

———————————
Oop! What should Calum do with Nika's confession/suggestion!?

So, I'm thinking this book is going to end where I have it planned, and then I'm going to write a short third book, like 15 chapters or so, I have a short continuation of Skye and Calum's story I want to write but it definitely isn't a full books worth. Would you guys like that? I'd add it after the epilogue of this book as like "continuation"

Thoughts on ⬆️⬆️⬆️ please!

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)