Thirty-Six

I updated extra last night! Read 35 if you haven't!!!

"So," Calum kisses across Skye's shoulders as he hugs her from behind. "What is your plan today my beautiful lady?"

"I have some errands to run."

"Like?"

"I have to find a wedding band for my handsome almost fiancé, and a dress for a special day we need to give a date to."

"Nika and I have some errands to run too." Calum grins, kissing her cheek, "But we can't all go together."

"What about the whole let's pick a date thing?" Skye laughs, turning as Calum moves across the kitchen towards the coffee pot.

"Well today is June 28th, and we leave for tour on July 17th... but we are definitely moving out of this place before tour because I'm not leaving you home alone where people mad at us can find you. If you want to do it here before tour you've got like two weeks. Pick a day. I don't care."

Skye frowns, her eyes set in concentration. "Maybe it's ridiculous to try and do the wedding here." She shakes her head. "That's so fast, it's too fast." She sighs.

"We can go get married at the court house today if you want, baby, it doesn't matter to me. You decide what you want and that's what we will do." He smiles softly, walking back to hug her to himself.

"Maybe I'll look over the tour schedule. Find a place that would be good for a small wedding and we could do that instead? I just, I don't want to rush this all into three weeks. As much as I want to marry you I don't want to look back on it and wish we hadn't rushed it. That we had enjoyed being engaged and planning our perfect day."

"You plan it. Just tell me when and where so I can get your brothers, Derek, Dana, and my family there to celebrate with us." Calum nods, kissing the top of her head softly.

"Maybe I don't need to run my errands today then." She sighs.

"I still do, and the Punk Princess is going with me."

"Ya?" Skye laughs.

"She insisted in helping pick your ring." He chuckles.

"That's cute. Maybe I'll start house hunting online since we are trying to do that before you leave for tour."

"That is a good idea, you find some places that we could make our home while Nika and I have a good daddy-daughter day."

"Speaking of Nika? Where is she?" Skye laughs, "She disappeared as soon as she got home from Rosie's this morning."

"I think she went to take a shower."

"Well I'm going to curl up on the couch with the laptop all day. Kiss me when you leave."

"As if I ever don't kiss you goodbye." Calum laughs, letting her out of his arms as she pulls away.

***

"So we are really getting Skye a ring?" Nika grins at her dad through the rear view mirror as the two head away from the house.

"She knows what we are doing today, Nika." Calum laughs, "She liked your suggestion of making her happy by asking her to marry me."

"Because I'm smart." She giggles.

"Yes you are. And I'm going to need all that smarts to help me figure out what her ring should look like. And how to propose since she knows it's coming soon. I want it to still be special for her."

"I think it should be extra sparkly for Skye." Nika sighs, "I know how much she likes sparkles."

"She does like sparkles." Calum chuckles, he'd been thinking a lot about the diamond he would buy ever since Nika made the suggestion. It has to be perfect for Skye. She's had to go without a lot in life because of the financial struggle of her family. But this, this is Calum's to give, and she deserves the most beautiful and perfect ring. Cost doesn't get to be a factor in this one, Skye will have a ring worth showing off, he will make sure if it.