Christmas Afternoon

—— Your POV ——
       You sat on the floor, at your Dad's feet, who kept mysteriously tickling you with his toes, so there was never a loss of sound in the living room. Your Dad handed you a small wrapped item, you opened it, was a framed picture of you in his arms when you were a baby. On the back he had written, "Y/N, I know these past months have been hard for you to watch me get sick like I have been where I can't do anything for myself or for you. It made me sad inside, sometimes I just wanted to wave a magic wand and make the illness go away so I can do what a normal dad can do for their kid. I love you kiddo, more than you'll ever know. Love, Dad" you got up and hugged him, you whispered "Thanks, Dad." he put his hands on your shoulders and took a look at how much you grew, you were now at 5'6" tall and had the brains of a 14 year old. You smiled and he then stood up, "But Dad, there's one thing I want to learn, the others won't teach it because they believe it should a milestone you should be there with me. I want to ride a motorcycle." a smile graced his lip. "Y/N, you'll have to wait until I'm cleared to even drive myself, kiddo. And it may be a bit longer. I promise that will be our thing." you nodded, and he grinned. Everyone watched you & your Dad, he puts his hands on your cheeks and kissed the top of your forehead, and then said "I need to go to the bathroom." everyone stood up, you forgot how long you both been standing, his knees started to buckle, your Uncle Bucky caught him, your Mom took the other side and they helped him to the bathroom.
           Bruce let out, "Y/N, I'm proud of you." you raised an eyebrow, "You kept him anchored and inside he's fought to get better for you and for himself. He's fought like we've never seen him, you gave him a reason not to give up. When I took him to the calm down room, a few weeks ago. He was angry inside because he felt like he had lost hope that he felt he wasn't going to get better. He realized if he gave up hope, he would miss out on certain things which hit him hard, and it made him realized he needed to fight like he never had before." But you felt tears sliding down your cheeks when you realized your Dad had fighting to get better but not just for him, but so he can become the best father to you.
—— Steve's POV ——
     I walk with Bucky & Peggy at my side, "It's ok, Steve, you're doing good. Just a few more steps till we're at the couch." I nod, Peggy says, "Steve, you're sweating." "It's still hard for me to walk normally." "I know, love, we'll take our time, ok that way we can make sure you don't fall." I nod, I shuffle, I'm still relearning how to walk, so I have braces which help my joints move smoothly. I shuffle along with their assistant, we approach the couch, they're all watching me intently. Bucky and Peggy help me down, "I'm gonna go grab a napkin." Peggy says, I nod, I close my eyes and I'm worn out just like that.
                    —— (Time Skip) ——
     I must've taken another nap, the TV is playing a fireplace with my decade of Christmas music going. Peggy smiles, "Doin' better?" "How long did I sleep?" "About three hours. It's one o'clock." "So much for being awake." "Steve, it's ok, they've all been very understanding that you still get worn out and need more rest than normal." I nod, "I still end closing my eyes and boom I wake up, it's some odd hours or minutes later." she smiles "It's ok, love, just part of recovering and getting back to normal." I nod then Fury shows up.
        "Hi Fury." "Hello, Cap, how are you?" "Better but not all the way there." he nods, "Enjoying Christmas?" "Yes sir, my daughter got me a photo album, with a lot of room for more photos." he smiles, "That's good. You've got quite a family out of all them." "Yes, I do." "How has your daughter handled it all?" "Open arms, she's a happy kid. She sure grows fast." "I know, I've had Hill visited her a couple of times, the two go to the mall." "That's where she gets the nerd shirts." he nods and chuckles, "That's where she gets her nerd shirts, Cap. But really, how are you doing?" "I just want the illness to go away, so I can do everything like normal again." everyone returns to the living room.