34

The gunshot rung out loud and clear.  Allie watched as Namjoon's face contorted in pain and he gripped his thigh as he shrunk to the floor with a loud animalistic roar, blood seeping out of his trouser leg and covering his hand.  Allie glanced up with a frantic look on her face as she tried to figure out where the shot came from.  Twisting her head she looked at her father and his co-worker.  They still had their guns in their hands and unfired but they were resting at their sides, their faces mirror images of each other, pure looks of shock.  Allie turned herself back around slowly and looked at the boys in front of her. 

Standing slightly ahead of his companions, there stood Hoseok holding out a gun smoke wisping gently from the barrel signalling the fresh round that had just been fired into his leaders leg.  He had a pained look on his face, like he knew he didn't want to do it.

Hoseok dropped the gun limply to the floor and he paced forward, his eyes never leaving his fallen leader who was still groaning in pain as he clutched at his leg.  "Namjoon, this isn't you!  You've changed, we've all seen it.  We would follow you to the ends of hell and back but not like this.  What happened to 'as long as we have each other we need nothing else'...I'm sorry but I cannot stand by and watch on any longer."  Namjoon locked eyes with Hoseok, there was no sign of emotion on his leaders face.  Taking his silence as an answer Hoseok moved over to Allie who was still sitting on the floor, as Hoseok extended a hand to her but she quickly flinched back from his hand.  She couldn't bring herself to take it and she ashamedly looked down, she needed to protect her heart from him.  After all he did lie to her.  

Hoseok's face fell and his shoulders slumped.  He dropped his hand to his side, slowly backing up to return to his group.  Allie hoisted herself to her feet and turned to look at her father before turning her attention back to the group on her other side.  This was everything she wanted, being able to go home.  At least that was what she thought she wanted.  Namjoon had always been one for asserting his dominance over everyone and everything to ensure that he was the boss.  Her capture was nothing more than a sick game to get more power and that was all that mattered to him.  Any attempts he made at trying to show that he wanted her to do well in the world of con-men, thieves and murderers were just a rouse to get her to drop her guard.  After all she was expendable to him, always had been.  She almost wondered if the other boys in Namjoon's gang felt the same way or if they really did grow to care for the young girl who had obviously gotten herself in too deep.  

But she couldn't afford to think like that now, she couldn't afford to dwell on everything that happened.  She could never have a fully happy life if she did stay and she realised that.  Allie knew that even if she loved Hoseok she couldn't be with him because of what he did and because she knew he would never leave his gang.  Even if he was starting to question Namjoon's motives.  

The eye contact finally severed and while she did feel her heart give a pang of sadness Allie ignored all the bursting feelings inside her body and walked.  She walked away from Hoseok, away from the Bangtan boys and returned to her fathers side.  

"You think that you can just get away with this?"  Namjoon grunted from his position on the ground, gripping at his leg as the blood slowly flowed through his expensive trousers.  "Daddy just thinks that he can walk back into your life?  It doesn't work like that sweetheart, you belong to us.  You belong to me."  

Allie grit her teeth together and let out an exasperated breath that she had been holding in for too long.  She felt her fathers arm drape around her shoulders and pulled in her close as she couldn't muster up the courage to say anything else because she knew that she would break.  She didn't have to.  Park Jin Young cleared his throat.

"Walk away whilst you still can Namjoon.  You've got what you wanted, you got the money and the power.  Why let your greed destroy you?  After all, you never really cared for Alison, did you and what about all the other people you have hurt in your quest for power?  Ayami Muto?  The innocent lives you've destroyed?  I can destroy you and reveal your deepest secrets very quickly.  You'd do well to remember who you are dealing with.  You've some loyal friends Namjoon"  he monologued gazing at the young men behind Namjoon, their faces displaying varying emotions as they listened and awaited orders.  "Careful or you'll lose them.  Something to think about."