𝐱𝐯. 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬, 𝐞𝐥𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬

Cora

"Seriously? The merry go round?"
"Yes! What's wrong with wanting to ride on one of the pretty horsies?"
"You're just scared of the other rides"
"Maybe I am, or maybe I just like horsies!"

I'm currently standing in front of a merry go round with the one and only Jaden Hossler. He's trying to convince me to 'relive my childhood' and 'ride the pretty horsies'. I swear he's more of a two year old than an eighteen year old sometimes.

"C'mon Cora pretty pleasseeeee," he begs. Sighing, I let him lift me onto a blue and pink horse.
"Out of all these horses, you had to choose the one that looks like it's about to kill me?"
"Well maybe if you weren't so bitchy towards them, they wouldn't want to kill you," he gets on behind me, pulling me closer towards his body.

The horse starts to move slowly. I grip the ears of the animal, expecting it to go faster.

it doesn't.

I hear Jaden laughing from behind me as the ride continues at a pace of one round every two minutes. Burying my head in the mane of the horse, I groan.

"I can't believe you're making me do this Jae"
"You made me ride the Hulk, so this is payback!"
"At least the Hulk doesn't involve you sitting on a plastic donkey and moving slower than a goddamn snail!"
"STOP DISRESPECTING THE HORSIES!" he shrieks, attracting the attention from passerby everywhere. I turn to see him grinning at me cheekily.

"you suck," I inform him.
"you swallow," he mumbles in my ear. My eyes widen, and my mouth forms an 'O' in surprise.
"ahh now that's what I like to see," he points at the shape of my mouth.

"OKAYYY THAT'S IT!" I jump off the horse, Jaden rapidly following in pursuit. My eyes scan the site and light upon a large structure.

HELL yes.

I sprint towards the building, Jaden right on my heels. He tries to grab me but I put on a burst of speed and run straight into the house.
A few seconds later, his body crashes into mine, making both of us fall.

"ouch," he mumbles.
"bitch you literally fell on top of me, how did you get hurt?"
"your elbows are pointy"

"I can fix that problem..." a growl erupts from the darkness. We both look up to see a clown advancing on us with a knife.

"HOLY MOTHERFUCKING-" Jaden picks me up and sprints out of the house, screaming the whole time.
"We have to leave NOW. Holy shit"
"Jae calm down, I didn't know you hated clowns"
"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN? HE TRIED TO KILL-"
"you moron, this is a haunted house"

He pauses at my words and quickly checks the sign above the doorframe. "Don't tell me you didn't read the sign when you followed me in"

"...I didn't read the sign when I followed you in?"

The video replay screen lights up in front of us, replaying the moment in which Jaden screamed, picked me up, and ran out of there.

"You totally pissed your pants when he walked out," I wheeze.
"hey, give me credits for not leaving you there"
"Eh, you have a point"
"Your elbows wouldn't have their points if I hadn't gotten you out of there"