𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Cora

"so uh..." I quickly think back to the WikiHow page I'd looked at earlier. What had they told me to do? something about saying 'I aM cAlM aRoUnD mY eX aNd I dOnT fEeL nErVoUs'

which by the way, is absolute bullshit. the one life lesson I take away from this experience is NEVER trust WikiHow.

"how are you?" I finally finish.

"well I uh actually got some sleep last night"

funny how a single sentence can make me want to smile and skip around the whole building. "that's good. really good."

•~•~•~•~•

alright you all, time to do me a favor. pretend like it only takes two weeks to finish recording a song, thanks🥴

time skip: two weeks

"so for scene one, I'll need Jaden laying on the bed in that corner and Cora staring into that mirror, everyone got that?" several statements of confirmation are heard before the director sends us off to our places.

"I'm so excited!" Tom beams at me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

"and why is that, Holland? the only thing you've been watching me do for the past two days is cry in front of a mirror with a hundred people watching me."

"oh man, I am so glad they finally wrapped up the scene. a side note for the future: Jaden should never get into acting. I don't know whether it was because you were the one crying or he's just really sensitive to other people crying, but DAMN"

the smile on my face disappears at the mention of yesterday. the directors made me cry in front of a mirror for an hour, shooting from many angles. Jaden watched me the whole time, which made it easier to spontaneously burst into tears while lip syncing the lyrics.

and then the next thing we know he's collapsed on the floor, sobbing his heart out.

Normally the Sway boys or MGK would come along so he'd have company, but they're busy with something else right now. Jaden's been wandering around like a sad lost puppy the entire day, and it's breaking my heart. The directors seem tired of him always trailing behind them, but they can't bring themselves to tell the broken boy following them to go away.

"cameras on in Sector J in 3... 2... 1..."

music blasts from the speakers as Jaden flops onto the bed, staring right up at the cameras on the ceiling. "But it really got me thinking... were you out drinking? Were you in the living room, chilling watching television?"

"and... CUT"

the music cuts off, and the cameramen shuffle over to my side. In yesterday's episode of my-character-in-this-video-has-weird-coping-methods, I broke the mirror. well actually, I broke six. a waste of mirrors if you ask me.

"alright cameras on for Sector C in 3... 2... 1..."

"and didn't make it past the kitchen. ah, it's been a year now, think I've figured out how, how to think about you without it rippin' my heart out" my glare slowly softens into a look of sadness as I stare at the distorted reflection.