𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

Cora

I'm currently in one of my three studios in the US. So much has been going on recently, from the other couples on tour arguing constantly to Mads shading me on every single form of social media. I needed to get away for a bit.

So I'm doing what I always do; venting it all out through my music. After thirty minutes of clicking random buttons and screaming into microphones, I decide to start a live on Instagram using my iPad.

"Hey everyone! I'm at the studio, just taking a quick break from tour. I figured I'd hop on live and talk to you guys. So send me questions, tell me about your day, say something to help me not be bored out of my mind," I shoot a quick smile at the camera before selecting on a question.

"What do I think of the cheating scandal? Uhh... sorry, what cheating scandal?" I laugh awkwardly, unsure what they're talking about.

"Am I on team Chase or team Char- guys there's no need to split everyone up like that, I'm friends with both of them."

"Why am I still friends with Chase after he cheated with Nessa- he did WHAT?!" my eyes widen as I scroll through the rest of the questions, all of them following the same general trend.

"I swear to god, I don't check my phone for ONE hour and this happens?" I frantically grab my phone, the screen lighting up to show me I'd missed hundreds of twitter notifications. "oh shit... sorry guys I gotta go. Love you all!"

I end the live and run out to my car, heading back to the hotel. As I pull up to the parking lot I'm shocked by the number of reporters barricading the entrance.

and then I see the small figure standing in front of them all.

Charli

"How do you feel knowing your best friend went behind your back with your boyfriend?"

"Are you still on good terms with Nessa?"

"Are you and Chase planning to break up because of this?"

I feel my heart pounding as camera flashes surround me. Normally I manage to compose myself and deflect the questions but now-

I'm panicking.

The guy I thought I loved hooked up with one of my closest friends? After I gave him a second chance? After EVERYONE gave him a second chance?

Another microphone is thrusted in front of my face, "Do you still love Chase?"

of course I do.

a sob tears out of my throat, the reporters having a field day with my reaction. "please just go away," I whisper.

I hear a car door slam behind me and someone yelling, but all I can focus on is the pounding in my ears.

Cora

"Cora, what is your opinion-" I cut the reporter's words off with a loud, extended honk from my car.

"Are you still-" once again, I drown out the sound with a larger one from my car. This goes on for the next few seconds, them hurling questions at me only to be covered up by the honks. Eventually they all fall into silence, staring at me.