𝐢𝐱𝐱. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

Jaden

fuck, I'm stupid.

I shouldn't have pushed her away like that.

I shouldn't have listened to Mads. She'd told me, "oh, Cora said she didn't want to put up with your shit anymore so she went down to get coffee instead. But I'm here if you want to talk about anything...?"

and like a fucking moron, I believed her.

But the second I saw the hurt flash across Cora's eyes only to be covered up with an uncomfortable smile, I knew Mads had lied.

but I'm still a fucking moron, because I've not moved from this position since I realized she'd lied. I'm still laying here, head in Mads lap.

I guess I'm just not ready to part from this moment. It feels surreal, almost like I'm back in my old life. The one where I was content with everything; I had just moved into Sway, my career was just taking off, and I had an amazing girlfriend by my side.

"I should go talk to Cora," I pierce through her giggles from something I said earlier. She pouts at me, squishing my cheeks with her hands.

"Nooo just do that later!" she whines.
"I messed up Mads. I'm gonna go talk to her."
"You didn't do anything wrong, she's just a fake ass bitch"

scoffing slightly, I start to push myself up. Mads pouts and tightens her grip on my body. "Just stay for five more minutes?" she begs, blue eyes going wide. I nod hesitantly, not wanting to end the moment yet.

five minutes turns into an hour and we're still here.

maybe Cora isn't the right choice after all.

forcing myself away from Mads, I quickly walk out the door. Her whines echo behind me as I jog down the hall, turning the corner to Cora's room. The first thing I see is Kio and Avani sitting on her bed, hugging her from the side. They glare at me before quietly getting up and leaving the room.

"im so sorry Cora"

silence.

"I shouldn't have brushed you off like that, I wasn't thinking"

more silence.

"you deserve better. I know you deserve better. I'm just a fuck up who thought he had a chance with you and I got scared and I blew it all away-"

"don't worry about it," she mumbles. I frown and kneel in front of her to see her face. "Listen Jaden, from the second Mads walked into this place, I knew you'd be conflicted. I don't blame you for anything. Just... take some time to figure it out, okay?"

she's too damn perfect.

"I'm sorry Cora," I pull her in for a hug, wrapping my arms around her gently. She stiffens slightly before relaxing just the tiniest bit.

but it's enough for me.

Cora

I'm trying so hard to tame the emotions in my head. I know I'm fighting a losing battle here. No matter what, Mads will come out as the victor, only to crush his heart all over again.