𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

Avani

"guess whose birthday is today!" I sing.
"yours?" Anthony questions.
"you're a pathetic excuse for a boyfriend," I roll my eyes playfully.
"I'm kiddinggg I remember your birthday."

the entire room bursts out into mutters of "mhm", "sure you do", and "yeah right".

Ant sighs, "Anyways, whose birthday is it?"

"CORA'S!" we all turn to see Jaden standing in the doorway, eyes bright with excitement. "It's Cora's birthday!" he repeats, jumping around like a little kid.

"god I'm such a shitty friend," Cynthia groans.
Kio coughs slightly, "it's alright, she probably forgot about it anyways."

•~•~•~•~•

two hours later, and everything we need for the mini party is finally set up. Despite me thinking the whole 'surprise party' think is basic, we really have no other choice.

"is Cora still sleeping?"
"mhm"
"lazy ass"
"so who's gonna go wake her up?"

we all look at Jaden, who is busy trying to set up the 'happy birthday' sign. When he sees us looking, he starts twerking and throwing up peace signs.

"of all the guys she could've picked..." Charli sighs.
"right?

Jaden

I walk up to Cora's bed nervously, unsure of what her reaction would be. Last time I tried to wake her up, she dumped her entire water bottle on me 'by accident'. to my surprise, she's already awake.

"you look warm"
"I am warm"
"oh screw Avani, I'm coming in"

I untuck the blanket on one side before sliding myself in next to her. She turns and buries her head in my chest, absorbing my coldness. Within seconds, both of us are asleep.

twenty minutes later

"what the fuck?" I jerk awake to see Dixie and Charli glaring at me.
"I swear it wasn't me," Cora mumbles from next to me.

"oh shit," I groan, covering my face. "I just couldn't help it! She looked all tiny and warm and cuddly and-"

"save it Hossler," Dixie growls at me.

"sorry mom," Cora sighs, rubbing at her eyes blearily. "wait, what am I apologizing for?"

"Jaden here was supposed to wake you up! We have a long day ahead of us."

"why so early?"
"Cora it's 11am."
"wake me up at 3, thanks"

Charli raises her eyebrows before dragging both of us out of bed. "Hey at least they're not naked!"

"yeah cause nothing is better than birthday sex," I grumble sarcastically.

"OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY! I thought your birthday was on the-"
"it is."
"huh?"
"don't worry about it"