𝐢𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞!

Cora

I wake up in the morning to an empty space next to me. "Jaden?" I call out, assuming he's in the bathroom.

no response.

I decide to text him quickly and demand some coffee before going back to sleep.

time skip: two hours

"Cora!"
"Cora, wake up"

I open my eyes to see Nick and Ryland looking down at me, panicked expressions on their faces. "What's wrong?" I ask, knowing they probably have a good reason to talk to me.

"he-"
"he's-"

they both stop abruptly, sending nervous looks to one another. "who's he, and what's he doing?"

"he's cheating on you"

"WHAT?" instantly I'm out of my bed and on my feet. I follow them out the door and down the hall. My head is buzzing with memories of all the times Jaden promised me he was done with her.

he promised me it was 'all me'.

he said he was over Mads.

he can't cheat! there's no way he's cheating.

they stop in front of Mads' door and wait for me to go in. I dread the image waiting for me behind the door. Taking a deep breath to calm down my racing heart, I open the door.

the first thing I see is Mads, applying makeup in front of the mirror. "what the fuck are you doing here?"

"is Jaden here?" I ask frantically.
"what? No, he's hell bent on being with you," she rolls her eyes.
I walk into their bathroom quickly, and glance around the room one more time.

there's no sign of Jaden.

I allow a sigh of relief to escape my lips in the knowledge that Jaden wasn't 'cheating' when we're strictly exclusive.

... unless he left before Ryland and Nick got me.

muttering a half apology to Mads, I run out of the room and towards Nick and Ry. "Why exactly did you think he was cheating on me?"

"we-"

"Cora, where were you? I was looking everywhere for you!" we all turn to see Jaden jogging up to us, coffee in hand. He gives it to me before shooting an odd look at the two boys. "What are you doing with them?"

"where did you go this morning?"

"oh I'm so sorry, I should've left a note or something."

"where were you this morning?" I repeat, hands fidgeting in fear of his answer.

"I went to the mall with Payton!"

"Payton isn't on tour," I say flatly, my worst suspicions coming to life right in front of my eyes.

He immediately backtracks, "shit sorry, I meant Griffin." Just as he says that, Griffin comes walking down the hall, hand in hand with Dixie.