𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭

Kio

groaning, I watch as Bryce, Josh, and Anthony file onto a couch for a TeaTok. "Don't you guys think we should be looking for Jaden?"

"I don't like Jaden," they chorus before looking at each other and correcting it. "We don't like Jaden"

"he won't be able to sing your ugly asses to sleep if he's missing."

instantly all the boys' faces morph back into ones of shock and distress. It only lasts for a few seconds, as Bryce says, "I'll sing us all to sleep"

surprisingly the other boys seem fine with that. they sure as hell won't be once they actually hear him singing.

"AAAAAHHHHHH"
"ITS A SBACUGOADBAJD"
"WHATS UPPPPP"

"welcome back to our teatok," Josh says calmly. Sighing, I prepare myself to wait out the next two hours of intense screaming and lame jokes that make up Josh's TeaToks. "Excuse the state of our living room, we know it's an absolute disaster"

"speaking of disasters, let's talk about Braddison!"
"when do we not talk about Braddison?"

"guys, Addison and I are just frie-" Bryce stops halfway, gaping at his phone.

"fries?"

"fried ice cream?"

"fried pineapples?"

"holy shit," he says quietly, still staring at his phone. The other two are craning their necks to try and catch a glimpse of the screen.

"what is it?" I ask, not wanting to have to walk all the way across the room.

"HOLY SHIITTTTT!" he screams, chucking his phone over at me. "YES! OH MY GOD, FUCK YEAHHH" the three of us watch as he runs out the door, shrieking to the entire neighborhood.  "OH MY GOD, I LOVE IT HERE. I FUCKING LOVE IT HERE!"

"the fuck?" my question is met with shrugs from the two boys, all of them as perplexed as I am. Sighing for what feels like the hundredth time, I reach for the phone to uncover what has Bryce acting like he's on crack. Flipping the phone over, my eyes squint to make out the words on the screen.

"why would Cora venmo him five hundred bucks?"

it takes another thirty seconds of Bryce screaming, Josh jumping around, and Anthony eating his taco for me to finally figure it out.

cora.

five hundred dollars.

venmo.

bryce.

the bet.

my best friend is in love with jaden hossler.

•~•~•~•~•

Cora