𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐢𝐦 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫

Jaden

I don't think I've ever been this lost in my entire life. After Mads left me, I didn't think I could ever learn to completely dedicate my love to someone again.

And then Cora came along with her easygoing nature, carefree laugh, and perfect, genuine smile...

I'm definitely not at the stage where I can say I LOVE her. But I know for a fact that I'm finally learning to open up again.

but now that Mads is here, all the emotions I bottled up during our break up are flooding back into my brain. Part of me feels like I'll never stop loving Mads despite what she did to me.

as long as Mads is here, I won't be able to give Cora my undivided attention. She'll always be at the back of my brain, leaving that nagging feeling that maybe my best option is to give us a second chance.

I groan and push myself up and away from Cora, coming up to a sitting position. I turn to see her adjusting herself, still asleep.

she doesn't deserve this.

"Jae?" she's sitting up next to me, concern shining in her blue eyes. She looks... tired? Hopefully I didn't keep her awake.
"I'm fine," I reply shortly.
"I know you're not ready to talk about it yet. But please remember that I'm always here if you need anything at all."

i don't deserve her.

Cora

I know this whole thing with Mads is bothering him more than he's letting on. If anything, the amount of cries that came out of his mouth while sleeping proves that he's hurting.

but who wouldn't be suffering when a loved one from their past struts right back into their life and acts like everything is fine?

I have no doubt that she once made him incredibly happy. She was definitely the person who could put a smile on his face without even saying anything.

he needs some time to process all of this. I understand that. But I also feel like by the end of this tour, he's going to be back in her arms instead of mine.

•~•~•~•

I watch as he walks out of the bathroom, hair dripping with water. Smiling half heartedly at me, he grabs a towel to dry his hair.

"Sorry for all of this," I hear him mumble.
"don't even think about apologizing Jaden. You know damn well this entire situation is out of your control," I respond, troubled by the fact that he thinks this is all his fault.

"no, I have it under control. I got over Mads a long time ago. I've moved on!" he snaps at me.
"Jaden-"
"IM FUCKING OVER HER!" he storms out of the room, shirtless with a towel around his waist.

roses are red, cactuses are prickly, may I just say DAMN that escalated quickly

"for fuck's sake," I groan. I know he's just overworked from all the past conflicts coming back to bite him in his ass.

I'm almost jealous of those conflicts...

...he really does have a nice ass.