-32- 💋 Something To Believe In

"The world finds ways to sting you, and then one day decides to bring you something to believe in, for even a night. One night may be forever, but that's alright, that's alright. And if you're gone tomorrow, what was ours still will be. I have something to believe in. Now that I know you believed in me."
~Newsies, 'Something To Believe In'

~~~

*Tutor's POV*

"We need to go back," Xan tells us once Fighter and I break our tender kiss. Fighter keeps his arms wrapped around me as I sit in his lap, resting my head against his shoulder.

"No," I blurt out, making everyone turn to look at me.

"Prince Tutor—"

"I'm not going back," I interrupt him. "At least, not tonight. When I return, my father is going to be furious with me. Who knows what he's going to do? After everything that just happened with Ruen, I'm not ready to face my father's wrath. I need a break."

"We can take a couple days to get away," Fighter suggests. "Give ourselves a chance to recoup. But only for two days, and then we have to go back."

Smiling, I nod my head and look up at Xan. He studies the two of us before sighing.

"Very well. I'll explain to the king that you're both safe, and you'll return in two days. But you mustn't take longer than that, deal?"

"Deal," I agree, grinning from ear to ear. All I want right now is to have a few days alone with Fighter before we dive into more madness. We've faced too much heartache lately; it's time we properly make amends.

"We can go to the outskirts of the kingdom to stay under the radar, but we need a disguise for you," Fighter tells me. "Not only will you be recognized as the prince, but you're also covered in blood. That'll attract a lot of attention."

"I'll take care of that," Xan says, holding his hands out with his palms up. He whispers an incantation, causing his eyes to glow purple as magic ripples in the atmosphere. Strings of dark fabric are summoned, swirling together in the air. Standing to my feet, I watch in awe as the fabric stitches itself together, forming two separate cloaks.

"Woah," Saifah's jaw drops as Xan hands the dark purple cloaks to me and Fighter. "Why haven't I ever seen you do something like that before?"

"Because I refrained from using magic, unless absolutely necessary. Strong magic is like a beacon to evil creatures who seek power. Speaking of," Xan narrows his eyes at his son, "you're still in a ton of trouble for performing that spell. My guess is that Ruen sensed your magic, and that's how he found Fighter. Tutor died because of it!"

"But the spell I performed also brought him back," Saifah points out, earning another glare from his dad.

"It was my fault," Fighter cuts in. "Sai told me about your warning, and I still made him perform the spell. Please don't get mad at him for it."

"That's very honorable of you, Fighter, but my son is a grown man. He's old enough to make his own decisions."

"Yeah, I'm also old enough to not get punished by my dad," Saifah grumbles.

"When you start paying your own phone bill, I'll stop taking away your phone when you cause trouble."

"Alright, alright," I chime in, interrupting their weird father-son squabble. "So it's settled. Fighter and I will find another inn to stay at on the outer part of the kingdom, and Xan will make sure my father knows that we will return in two days."