Chapter 9 "Babysit A Robot?"

Anderson's P.O.V

After Scarlett's outburst, I head to my psychology class and for some reason, I'm having a bad feeling about this.

The professor starts blabbering shit, something about brain cells that I have no idea about, I don't get why we have to study our brain's activities when most teens don't even have a brain!

He is interrupted by the door slamming open and revealing a panting May.

And here I thought she was crying.

She had no traces of any tears or any bloodshot eyes.

Well played Hezeke, well played.

She scans the room and in spite of a seat being empty on the further corner, she decides to come and sit beside me.

What's up with this girl?

I raise my eyebrows at her to which she shrugs and gives the 'concentrate-in-the-class' look.

Ignoring her I space out from the lecture but I'm soon pulled out when I hear my name being called. I look up at the professor with confusion. He sighs and repeats again.

"You are going to be doing an assignment, for which you are partnered with the person sitting beside you."

Okay. It's just an assignment. The person sitting beside me? I turn to look at an equally bewildered May. But soon the look transformed into a well-known smirk and hell it fucking creeped me out.

"Okay, so you all will be picking out chits with your assignment topic written on it." the professor declares.

One by one everyone goes and picks out chits and finally, it was our turn. May got up from her seat and went up to the table and picked out a pink chit and immediately groaned after opening it.

I knew my gut was right.

She comes back and hands me the chit, my eyes bulge out when I read it. I re-read it at least 5 times hoping it would change what's written on it.

'Early childhood, parenting a robot baby.'

I look at May who was mirroring a same horrified expression.

"W--we are going to... Babysit a robot? That too we going to be parents?" I stutter.

"Well, the chit says that and I don't know about you but I care about my grades." she shrugs making me groan.

The rest of the class passes by the professor explaining each and every project to us. Kill me now.

The bell rings and I was about to go when May stops me.

"Woah Woah Woah, where do you think you are going?"

"To my next class?"

"We need to decide about the baby."

"Eager much?"

"Look I just want to finish this stuff as quickly as possible. I don't want you at my apartment and I'm guessing you don't want me at your house either."

I not at her and wonder where else could we meet other than our places.

Wow, just a week ago I was calling her by 'the new girl' and I'm already planning on meeting her outside the school.

"How about we meet in a cafe?" she suggests

"Sounds good to me."

"I know a cafe nearby and I'll text you the address, and I'll get the baby by the end of the day."

We part our ways not before I save her number in my phone. I don't know why but I had this smirk plastered on my face the whole rest of the day.

Never thought getting Ms Bipolar's number would be this easy to get.

Not that I wanted it anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a Tuesday so I decide to get to the nursing home. I would love to spend the rest of my day talking to the one person who I wish would be now present with me in my fucked up life instead of constantly questioning who I am.

"Uh. Wait for a while, she's getting her regular check-up right now. You can see her after 5 minutes." the receptionist of the house tells me.

"Thanks." I reply in a monotone.

After a while, I'm allowed to go inside her room and meet her.

"Ohhh Andy you are back!" she chirps from her chair.

"Why wouldn't I come here to meet this beautiful lady." I smile at her.

"I've got so much to tell you!"

"I'm listening, rant about your nurses."

"So there is this new nurse over here who continuously asks me if I remember anything and I'm like what is there to remember. I remember everything."

My heart falls at her words. I gulp and walk towards her.

"Nothing, you remember each and everything very well. It's better this way." I mutter the last words to myself. "I missed you so much for the whole week." I hug her.

"Aww is that so?" she ruffles my hair.

"Oh and also I have noticed a lot of nurses and girls around here stealing glances at you every time you come. Maybe you can find someone here." she winks at me making me laugh clutching my stomach.

"Of course, of course, that's what you do all day!"

"There is nothing else to do here, it's really boring." she huffs, crossing her hand over her chest. I laugh at her childish behaviour and pass her the little silky bag that I got for her.

"A surprise? For me?"

"Who else?"

Her eyes gleam out of happiness swelling my heart. She eagerly opens the bag and exclaims on seeing necklace beading kit. She removes it to examine it.

"It's wonderful! I finally have something to kill my time with." she throws her weak arms around me.

We go on talking for some more hours exchanging all info about each other's life. Of course not my true life but the one she thinks I live.

She even introduces me to some of her nurses, who dramatically flush on seeing me. I get it, girl, I'm a greek God.

Later on, we have our meals together and the girl who served us left her number on a tissue paper. I'm surprised at the bold gesture and soon hear giggles which I don't know whether they are coming from the woman sitting in front of me stifling her laugh or the nurses behind me.

This place creeps me out.

Unfortunately, it was time for her bedtime and I had to leave.

"I wish you could stay a little longer." she pouts.

"Me too." I hug her once more as she kisses my cheek.

"I love you, Andy." she slowly starts to close her eyes.

I close the door and whisper -

"I love you too, mom. Take care. Bye."

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Thank you everyone for so many likes and votes!! Thank you for your support! We hope you enjoy the rest of the book.