Chapter 24 "BOO!"

Malec's P.O.V

We all stand there in awkward silence, glancing at each now and then.

"What just happened?" Nick blinks.

"A landslide in our plan. That's what happened..." I mutter.

"Didn't take Scar to be that type-"

"Don't you fucking dare to finish that sentence!" I yell cutting off Shade. "She is not like that!"

"Sorry," he mumbles and stares down at his feet.

"Always the first one to misunderstand," I hear Anderson grumble.

"Do you think they'll be fine?" Allison asks me.

"I hope so," Instead of just me, I hear echoes. I look up and see the three boys clearing their throat.

"I-I mean, he's been crazy about her since middle school. As much as I might dislike him I wouldn't want their relationship to drown because of some stupid reason," Nick shrugs. He said dislike not hate.

"Yeah me too. Even I can't help but smile at the fact that he finally got her," Shade scratches the back of his head. A smile absentmindedly creeps up my face, from the corner of my eye I could see Anderson smiling lightly. These boys act as if they hate each other but deep down they're still tied to each other.

"Whatever. I'm getting a headache now. We're out of here," Anderson sighs. Wait who we? As if to answer my question he appears in front of me grabbing my hand and drags me out.

We walk over to his bike, he removes two helmets and hands me one.

"Hope on,"

"What about my car?"

"We'll come back later,"

Without question further, I sit on his bike, honestly, I have no idea why I even agreed to ride with him in the first place or why did he let me ride with him. After putting on the helmet he starts his bike with a roar and speeds up. Before I knew it, we were zooming through the traffic with me grinning behind like a maniac. I always had this love for bike rides. Andrew takes an exit, and then we were the only ones on the road. There were no other vehicles around us. After more than 15 minutes we come to a halt.

I remove my helmet and look around, around me were only deserted fields nothing more. Yeah, you might be expecting a forest and us to go through the forest to find a waterfall or a lake which would also be the guy's escape place and blah blah. This doesn't seem like one to me.

He removes a bag from under the seat and tugs it on his shoulder and starts walking. I run up and match his pace, damn those long legs, I have to run to keep up with him.

"Dude slow down!" I run behind and bump straight into him when he suddenly halts. "Ouch," I rub my nose before glaring up at him.

"Can't keep up?" he smirks at me.

"It's not fair that you take such long strides with your long-ass legs," I frown when he chuckles.

"Okay shortie, let's take small steps," he smirks and starts walking again.

"I'm not a shortie! I'm quite tall!"

I huff when he doesn't answer and join him again. Once we were across the field I could make out the outlines of buildings in front of us. Once we were near I could make out the old, cracked up buildings standing in a row. All of them were deserted, in pieces with no windows, no doors, half demolished, almost as they were in construction excluding the part that they were completely worn out that can tell they are very old. There was no sign of a single person around.