Chapter 13 "You Monsters!"

Malec's P.O.V

Two weeks.

That's how long I've been in Nashville. I have lived my entire life in Las Vegas until he decided to ruin it.

I'm sitting on my porch waiting for my parents to come back from whatever dinner they had gone to. My house is an average house for a family of five.

"Oh honey, we didn't know you were coming." my mom gives me pulls me in a bear hug. Ironic how my mom is a hugger and I don't even like touching people.

"It's okay mom, really,"

"Come on, I'll make some dinner since you're back," she unlocked the door and I followed her with my backpack. What? I don't pack shit for a two-day trip.

"Where's dad?" I ask her while sitting on the tall chair near the island.

"He is just on his way. You know him, he was ecstatic when I told him you were home,"

A smile creeps it's way to my face. I've always loved my dad so much. Honestly, both my parents are really cool.

"What are you making?"

"Just your favorite pasta,"

"Ahhh, it's been so long since I've had pasta,"

She laughs at my whining. "Go freshen up. I'll call you when lunch is ready,"

"Kayy! Thanks, mom,"

I climb the familiar stairs and find my old room. I open the door to see that everything is just like I left it. I hadn't taken many things with me but I guess I'll have to take a suitcase this time. I take a bath and change into some comfy pj's.

My amazing slash splendid silence is interrupted by a loud thud.

"MOOOMMMMM!" someone shouts from the next door.

I go out of my room and I'm met with a cold and hot and slimy and what not shit.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?" I yell. Laughter blooms through the hallway and wipe my eyes to see the two monsters laughing at me.

"WELCOME HOME MAYY!" they shout over the horrible music coming from God knows where.

"You monsters!!" I leap at them. Their eyes widen at the movement and try to avoid me but miss it by an inch. I gulf them into a bone-crushing hug and getting all that shit on them too.

"Noooooooooo!" they keep trying to get out of my grip.

"What's going on here?" finally someone is serious in this house.

I let my sibling, Joe, and my best friend, Jordan, go and turn to look at mom who has a bewildered look on her face.

"These monsters covered me in shit," I whine again.

"We were just welcoming her," Jordan speaks.

"I just took a bath, Dan!"

"Chill Alec, you can take another bath,"

"I'm not forgiving you both for this. And remind me again to never introduce my best friend to my brother," I stomp inside my room to take another bath.

Stupid boys.

I'm pulled into another bone-crushing hug when I leave my bathroom.

"I missed you," Dan mumbles into my hair.

"Me too buddy, me too,"

I pull back and give him a dazzling smile. He has always been there for me, through thick and thin as they say. He is the one person I trusted with almost anything.