Chapter 18 "Lazy Ass."

Anderson's P.O.V

I keep standing in the rain for about 5 minutes the gate was wide open for some weird reason. Just when I'm about to go inside, but I hear a car coming up. I turn but instead of seeing a car I'm splashed with water and I'm soaking wet. The car speeds through the gates. I stomp inside already knowing who the car belonged to. I see May standing with a smug smile leaning on the office door with something in her hand.

"What the fuck was that for?" I bark at her and get inside the office.

"Because I knew you wouldn't wear this without a reason," she holds up a jersey that I instantly recognize.

"You're crazy if you think I'm wearing that,"

"Fine. Stay soaked in dirty puddle water. I certainly don't care," she was about to put back the jersey but something inside me stops her.

"Wait! I'll wear it. But you have to answer some questions," she hands over the jersey.

"And people say I'm the curious cat," she huffs. I roll my eyes to wait for her to turn around but she doesn't. I cock my eyebrow at her and she mirrors my expression.

"Aren't going to turn around?"

"Why? Are you shy?" she smirks.

"No. I just thought you had manners," I shrug.

"Please continue because I don't have manners and I sure as hell have seen better," she waits for me to change.

I pull my white tee over my head and put on the jersey. I hadn't worn this for a really long time. Nostalgia hits me with full force. This is the same jersey my brother and I used to wear for every race we participated in. 'Murdock 03' was written on the red jersey with black block letters.

"Let's go," she walks towards the garage and follow her.

"How do you know about this place?"

"I used to race back in Vegas, so when I found out I was shifting, I did some research and found one in Nashville as well,"

"Why do you race?"

"For fun,"

"Why are you such a rude ass?"

"Only to specific people,"

"Why did you shift to Nashville in the first place?"

She suddenly stops making me bump into her.

"I agreed to answer a few questions. Not narrate my life to you," she glares at me.

If I wasn't curious before, I'm certainly curious now. She opens the shutter of the garage and goes over to the back of it and my heart rate increases. Did she find my bike? What if she did? Shit. This is bad. This is really really bad. She stops and turns to the bike at the left instead of right.

Phew! That was close.

"Grab your bike. We are going for a ride," she motions to my bike. How?

"How do you know it is my bike?"

"You mean apart from the 'Andy' written in silver on the cover?" she removes the cover of her own bike and damn.

The red streaks highlight the whole bike like her blue ends highlight her aura. It suits her. Although I wonder why she chose the color. She always wears black and I kinda expected her bike to be black and not grey. Whatsoever, it looks on fire.

I remove the cover on my own bike and head towards the track behind May.

We near the start line. It was drizzling only a little, enough for us to race.

"You sure you're ready to race with me?" I raise my eyebrows at her.

"You think I'm here to race with you?"

"I don't know buddy, what else can you do on a race track?"

"Just follow my lead," she brings her engine to life and speeds ahead. I follow her with the same speed but stay a little behind in case if she takes a turn.

Just like expected, she takes a right turn and goes towards the woods.

What is this girl up to?

We go through the woods with ease. I wonder how she knows her way so well. She definitely must come here often.

After about more 10 minutes she stops and I stop right beside her. I was about to bombard her with questions but when I look in front of me, I'm left speechless.

"Woah," I mutter. She looks at me with a genuine smile.

"I know right," we get down from our bike and head towards the end.

"I often come here when I miss Vegas," we sit beside each other.

"Must remind you of Vegas a lot,"

"Yeah, it does. The lights and everything,"

The city stood beneath us, lit up. I have never been to find a place like this. An escape that I was always searching for. I never got one. Until now.

We sit in silence. I look at May, she had her eyes closed and a small smile playing at her full lips. Quite a sight. I've never seen her so peaceful. She is always either angry or annoyed. Never this peaceful. A smile makes its way to my face.

"Quit staring would you?" she smiles. Not smirks, smiles.

"I wasn't staring,"

"Oh really? I know I'm amazing but it's still rude to stare,"

"I just told you I wasn't staring at you,"

"Sure. I believe you,"

I roll my eyes at her childishness.

"Why aren't you always like this?" I blurt out. I don't know why I asked her this question.

"Like what?"

"You know, carefree, kind, nice, and not arrogant and rude and a bitch,"

"You're not exactly the person who one can be kind around you know. You, yourself are very closed person,"

"Then why did you bring me here? And more importantly, how did you know I will come here?"

"Honestly, I didn't expect you to follow through with the plan. Do you even know how much time and energy it took to come with the directions and this whole thing? And don't ever forget the begging I did to get that jersey of yours. The energy I put in it is priceless. So much energy,"

"Lazy ass," I chuckle at her rambling.

"Did you just ignore all that stuff I just told you? Seriously? I just put i- whatever I'm going to shut up," she huffs and crosses her hands over her chest like a child.

"God, you're way more insane than I thought you were," I laugh.

"Oh, now you're laughing at me? Amazing. Bring a person here, be kind, and get laughed at. Just amazing,"

"I didn't mean it like that. You act so strong and shit in school but here you are, whining like a five-year-old,"

"Oh shut up," she smacks my arm but smiles nevertheless.