Chapter 11 "Do Something!"

Anderson's P.O.V

I slide into the booth with May across from me, and the little kid on her lap.

"Is that your baby? Why does it look so..... different? He looks up to me with those innocent eyes.

"I..I..umm..no. It's not my baby, it's just a project. It's a baby robot?" I stutter as May tries to stifle her laugh, covering her mouth. I glare at her and look at the confused kid.

How am I going to take care of this baby?

The thought itself scares me to death. May must have noticed my horrified expression as she burst out laughing along with the kid.

"Oh My Gosh! That was priceless! Right, Sammy?" May speaks between her breath as I glower at her.

After a while of their giggling session, Sam finally runs out to God knows where.

"Uhm... Anderson, do you know how to stop this thing? People are staring at us." May cringes when the robot baby cries even louder. She is right, everyone sure are giving us death glares for the mess.

"I don't know! I have never handled any kid before!" I exclaim.

"You think I have?" she tries to shush the annoying baby. Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?

"Do something!" I shout, hoping she would hear me above all the cries.

"I am trying, but this thing is not ready to stop crying! Where's it's stop button?"

"Maybe it's hungry. What do we feed it?" I ask only to meet her extremely confused face.

"Uh milk?" she frowns.

"Hold up, do we feed a robot?" I suddenly feel stupid to even come up with the suggestion.

"Fuck! Then what will make it stop crying!" she tugs her hair out of frustration.

"May?"

A voice startles both of us. I snap my head at the person who seemed to be in his mid-forties. I see May's eyes widen and mouth ajar.

"Uncle Tom!" she throws her arms around the guy.

"Sure is! Sam told me you were here. Why wouldn't you call before showing up? I thought you left for Las Vegas." her uncle exclaims. Even though he is her uncle he looks more like her brother or something.

"Uh yeah, I didn't.."

"Wait, does this mean you're staying here?"

"Yes.."

"Ohh myyyy why didn't you tell mee?? Is this for the better this time?"

"I guess...?" she gives him a lazy smile.

"Who's baby is that?" he asks.

"It's a robot baby and it's been crying from so fucking long. I can't even remember." she holds her head in frustration.

Tom takes the baby in his arms and rocks it a little bit.

"You just have to rock it a bit dummies." he shakes his head in annoyance.

He hands the baby to May and she tries to hold her gracefully.

"God, why are kids created?" she scrunches up her face in annoyance.

"I'm still waiting for an explanation for why you moved here. And just because you moved to a different place does not mean you're going to start it again."

She gives him the most innocent smile she could probably manage.

"Don't tell me you started that shit again. I'm definitely not doing your laundry again."