Chapter 3 "Friends?"

Cont. Of the same say at school in the cafeteria.
Note– we do not have multiple povs. This is only for getting to know characters from a different perspective
---------------------------------------------------------
Scarlett's P.O.V

I'm standing in the line for food in the cafeteria since I didn't bring anything from home. Not that I usually do.

I get my food and scan the cafeteria for a place to sit. Since my friend Skylar has been out of station for a while now, I'm left all to my self. I know...lonely me. I scan the cafeteria and my eyes land on a specific person.

I'm surprised to see Hezeke sitting at the secluded table because that's where Anderson sits every day.

I make my way to the table and carefully put my tray down across from Hezeke. To say Hezeke was in a serious mood would be an understatement. In my entire school life, I have never seen this dude so serious. He hasn't even teased me about sitting with him alone. Not that I'm complaining, I don't think he has even noticed me sitting here. Which is something new...

My water bottle falls to the ground startling both of us. I can see the confusion in his eyes but he quickly covers it with amusement.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Scarlett Jones," he smirks. Nah, I take my words back.

"Don't flatter yourself too much. This was the only empty place," I chew on my food.

"Oh darling, ofcou-"

"Can I sit here?" I hear a voice behind me. Huh... Who here is pathetic enough to bother asking?

I'm surprised to see Malec standing there with a tray in her hands.

"Yeah sure, you can." I give her a smile. She sits between me and Hezeke, not that she has a choice.

"You're the girl that slammed Andy on the lockers today right?" Hezeke asks and I almost choke on my food.

She what???

"Andy?" She has confusion written all over her face.

"Short for Anderson," Hezeke quickly explains.

"Um... Yeah, I did. He landed me in trouble and I wanted to warn him," she hesitates.

"I didn't quite get your name..." Hezeke trails off.

"Malec Brown but please, call me May, I'm not a fan of my name," she requests with a grim expression, causing us to laugh.

"So May, what brought you to Summer Valley?" I curiously ask.

"I had to shift and some friends recommended this school....and here I am," By the look on her face, I can tell she doesn't want to talk about it. Funny people still recommend this school.

The bell rings signaling the end of lunch. We put our trays back and part our way for the next class.

The gym period goes by pretty quickly without any drama. I'm excited about my art class. I've never been that interested in sports but art...it's my passion. It's what makes me...well me. Ever since I was a kid I have loved drawing and painting. It is a part of me that I can never let go and honestly I am pretty proud of myself for that.

I enter the classroom and take my regular place and out of nowhere May takes a seat beside me. I'm not complaining but I wonder how she managed to change her seats. The teacher is pretty strict about them. She says you need your 'comfort' while we draw or paint something.

"How did you manage to change seats?" I give her a puzzled look.

"I have my ways," she winks at me causing me to shake my head.