Seventeen

I felt a stung in my chest, as if right there my heart broke. Though it was already pretty broken by everything father had demanded, but knowing that I will never be able to see Jungkook again was unbearable.

I wiped away my tears, it was an attempt from my side not to show any emotions. At this point that was exactly what it felt like.

Nothingness

Because my father always had the upper hand, and he had Jungkook's fate in his hands. I was just me, there was hardly anything I could do to get Jungkook out, except for giving in to my dad. 

It really was the only way.

      'Agreed' I eventually let out and father nodded in agreement. There was this hint of satisfaction in his face, probably that fulfillment of power again. The power over me. 

He got out his phone immediately.

      'Let the boy go.' 

Those were the only words he said. He didn't specify who he called nor did he bother to greet the person on the other line. The whole time he stared at me. 

      'Thank you' I said numbly

I left the room, unable to do anything actually. I felt like a zombie.

The maids looked at me with concern. 

    'Miss are you alright? Will you stay for the night? I will let someone prepare your room.' 

My trance was disturbed by Mia, she was the oldest housemaid, or rather the housekeeper. I had known her for years. Her eyes gazed at me in anticipation. 

I shook my head 'I will not stay. I will leave as soon as possible.'  

The words were almost a whisper, as if I didn't have the energy to converse properly. That was what it felt like. 

I left the house towards the station. I took the first available train back to Busan. During the journey, I kept repeating the conversation with my father in my mind.

I hated him.

I hated him so much.

I couldn't do anything at this point.

I thought of a plan before, after finishing my studies I could disappear. Go to Europe or something (anywhere would do) and find a job there, leave everything in Korea behind. I mean finding a job in Korea at another company would be impossible, my dad would block it and I knew it. No way his own daughter would work for another company.

Staying would mean I needed to marry someone fit to take over his role. That much was clear since I was young. 

If I could run to Europe I didn't have to do that.

But now he had Jungkook as leverage against me and he knew it;

Jungkook was my weakness

The weakness he had been waiting for to control me. 

Fear overtook my entire body. It was really game over now. There was no running away because he wouldn't only come after me, he would come after Jungkook just to hurt me.   

My phone rang and I saw it was Jungkook

I didn't pick up, he called again but I clicked the red phone again.

As a result of my ignoring attempts, he texted me

--
Jungkook: Angeleyes I am out of jail
Jungkook: It was so weird, they suddenly just let me go
Jungkook: did you have anything to do with this?
Jungkook: y/n?
Jungkook: Why are you not answering me?
--

He kept texting me but I didn't answer him, I didn't know what I could answer. Plus my father's threats were in my mind very vividly. 

However, after a day I texted him back, I knew that he would keep texting if I didn't reply. I would be the same and therefore I had to break it off as curtly as possible. 

---
Jungkook: y/n what the fuck is happening
Jungkook: Talk to me whatever it is
y/n: Jungkook, I am so sorry but this cannot continue, we are done. 
---

There was no answer. Instead, he showed up at my place but I hadn't opened the door when he rang the bell. He returned the day after but I did everything possible to avoid and ignore him. In the hope that he'd let it go.

I felt numb and broken.

In the mornings it was hard to get out of bed.

However, I needed to finish my studies and focus on that. Father would never let me stay for longer than necessary. So I started to get to university. Luckily I didn't encounter Jungkook there. 

On the weekends I stayed inside. Momo and the others were really worried about me. They tried to talk to me about it, they tried to get me out of the house by organizing parties. I knew I was lucky to have friends like them but stupidly it made me even feel worse about myself.

They had never known who I really was and I couldn't talk to them about what was going on because it was everything relating to my father and his stupid business. I considered telling Momo everything but I was afraid of her reaction knowing I lied all this time.

I spend my weekend inside, looking horrible, feeling horrible. I didn't feel like doing anything. 

This weekend I decided to hold a marvel marathon. I didn't want to cook either so I ordered something online.

During Ant Man, the bell rang and I knew my sushi had arrived.  I opened the door after checking first through the peek hole it was actually the delivery guy.

I tried to smile at the sushi guy while I gave him the money and taking the sushi box. But my smile soon disappeared as my eyes trailed to the figure next to the sushi guy.

It was Jungkook.

The sushi guy awkwardly left after I gave him the money, probably because he noticed the tension.

I took a deep breath before addressing Jungkook.

      'Jungkook?'

      'y/n' he said stepping in and closed the door. I was too shocked by seeing him to actually do anything so before I knew it he was standing in my living room. 

      'Why the fuck are you ignoring me?' he asked angrily, it was visible that he tried to compose his anger. 

I looked away, trying to find a way to tell him without actually telling him what was going on.

      'I texted you, this thing between us can not work.'

He walked my way and placed his hand on my cheek, turning my head to meet his eyes.

      'Yeah I read the text and it is bullshit.' it was that confidence that I loved so much about him. Even now my heart was pounding against my chest by his presence. But I needed to be strong, he couldn't be here. What if father found out and he'd pull the same shit again? 

       'We can never see each other again, please you have to leave.'

        'I really don't understand' Jungkook sighed 'is it because I ended up in jail? I mean it was a misunderstanding they mistook me for someone else.'

It broke my heart that he thought that I would doubt him. That I would think it was actually his and he had lied to me about it. 

       'That's not it.'

       'Yet you've been avoiding and ignoring me since I got out' he replied again angry, losing his patience with my bullshit answers.

For some reason, in that moment I realized that there was no point in lying or denying anymore.

'It's because I'm the reason you ended up there in the first place'