12. About an influence and an open window

A few Suns after, my friend Mrow from next door came over.
It was really hard letting him in. First, he scratched on the door but Mom didn't want to open it. She said that Mrow isn't good company for me. That's mean. Mrow is really nice and likes to play Cat-the-scotch, like me. How is that a bad influence?

I don't understand a thing about humans. Then again, I guess you understood that. Except if you're stupid. Which you probably are.

So when Mom went out and said to me "Be nice, the Cat", I realized the window was open. So I told Mrow through the window to jump in and he did. I asked him what he had to say. He told me that Myowr was coming to visit me.

"You're joking right?" I said. But Mrow only replied "I wish I was. I know how badly you are trying to forget her."

No. No. No. This can't be! Myowr can't be visiting me? What should I do? Should I hide? Should I see her? What the cat should I do? Help me, All Mighty Cat!

"When is she coming?" I questioned, nervously.
"Today, she said. She came two Suns earlier and said 'I'll come to visit in two Suns'. I'm really sorry. I know how hard you are trying to forget her."

And with that, he left. Just like that. Out the window. That's not polite.

"No-what-the-freaking-cat-should-I-do!!" I yowled. "Where can I hide? What should I do? I don't know, should I hide or confront her? Let's just hide!"

Finally, I hid behind the "garbage." And i stayed there. Until Mike came to shoosh me out.

"Hey! The Cat! I want to tell you something!"
Ok, I thought. Let's see what Mike has to say.
"There was this really cute little cat, white with black feet! She came in and scratched on our door in a such cute manner! And she was always saying "Myowr, Myowr!" So weird! But she was really cute!"

Was that Myowr?! And I hid! I can never impress her now! I'm doomed! No! Why did I hide? Why did I think of that? I am so stupid! No!

"Why are you yowling like crazy, The Cat?" Mike asked.
Wait I yowled that aloud?

Nobody should ever ever know this. Should I run away, back to the Forest? I don't really want to leave Mike, Dad and Mom alone with Sweetie though. He might be an evil murderer. They always appear naive. But I promise I'll go back someday, when the family doesn't need me anymore.

So I'll stay here, driven by a promise to go back. Myowr, I'll see you again.

***

dedication to Creeperzzzzz for reading and commenting like crazy! thank you :)