Part 6

** Harry's POV **

I couldn't get Brynn's words out of my head over the next few days.. Her scent still lingered on the jacket Grace had been wearing. It was on my night table, despite me telling Grace I was going to wash it. I just couldn't stop thinking about her..

A part of me wanted to completely despise her for lying to me. She went through the entire process of faking her own death, just so she wouldn't have to be a mother to my child. I had a very good reason to never want to see her again. I mean, how could she do that? How could anyone do that to another person, and just assume that was ok?

The other side of me was just grateful that she was alive. That she wasn't really gone. Even though all this time had passed with me grieving her loss, it didn't matter because she was alive now.. And... I still loved her.

•••

** Brynn's POV **

I was glad Harry had reacted the way he did towards me. He didn't want me around Grace, and even I knew that I was bad for her. So, I decided to stay away. Harry didn't want me around them, and that was fine. I'm not one to chase after someone who so obviously wants nothing to do with me. So, I decided to go back to my normal routine. Which consisted of me working for Ryan's friend Jackson. Ryan is staying at my apartment, and sleeps through most of the days.

"Hey, what're you working on?" He asked, walking out of my room. I glanced over at him from where I was sitting on the barstool at the kitchen counter. "Just a project Jackson sent me this morning.. There's coffee in the pot." I replied. "Alright, thanks." He murmured, grabbing a mug..

I spent the next few minutes working on the coding part of the job. Ryan's arms came over my shoulders, one of them loosely around my neck, making me tense. "Can you not do this right now?" I asked, feeling his other arm slide around my waist..

"I want you." He murmured, turning his head any biting my earlobe. I laughed. "You just woke up, how the hell could you already need sex?" I questioned, grimacing when he lightly bit the side of my neck. "I always need it. You're pretty fucking incredible in bed, you know."

"Yes, I'm well aware of that. But I'm a little busy right now." I replied.. "Right.. Well, how about you stop what you're doing here.. And we can go in there and see just how incredible you can be." He commented. "I told you yesterday, I'm not having sex with you anymore. I'm done with that. You get too possessive." I said, glaring at him.

"Ok, well you know what happens when you do this to me." He stated, his tone changing. I shut my laptop, standing and turning to face him. "No. Explain to me again what happens." I replied sarcastically, looking up at him. He met my gaze. "Don't try me." He threatened, his hand coming up, tightly gripping my throat.

I glared at him, grabbing his wrist and forcing him to let go of me. "Don't touch me." I stated, shoving him backwards. He stumbled a little, but then he smirked, moving towards me. I glared at him, my brain quickly analyzing his movements and seeing his hand come up. I ducked under his attempt to hit me, and turned, elbowing him in the stomach and moving away from him..

He coughed, and stood back up, studying me. "Well someone started training again." He said. I shrugged, feeling the adrenaline coursing through me. "Ok, well you're a girl. And I'm a guy. So a little training isn't going to protect you." He commented, and I smirked, knowing just how easily I could hurt him...

"You need to leave." I stated, glaring at him. "You don't want me to do that. Because you know I'll go after them. It's part of our deal. Them or you." He said.

"Neither." I stated. "Don't you dare even think about laying a finger on them, or I promise you'll regret it. And I know you know how difficult it is for you to regret something." I threatened, grabbing my laptop off the counter. I shoved it into the bag that I'd secretly packed, and walked out.. "You can't run from me, Brynn!" I heard him shout as I ran down the hall and out of the building..

Once in the car, I drove to London, which was nearly a four hour drive from Manchester.. I stopped the car about half a mile from Harry's house, and turned the engine off..

I knew Ryan would come after them now.. I just needed to figure out my plan before then..

*** Harry's POV **

Five weeks had passed since I found that flash-drive on my table, and Brynn had yet to show up again. Although, I'd taken Grace and went to another one of the places I have in London just over two weeks ago. I made the decision to get out of there, when someone broke into my flat. They didn't take anything.. Just smashed a few of the windows and left. I'm pretty certain it was Ryan, but the security footage didn't ever show his face, so the police wouldn't prosecute him..

"Dad, I miss mum." Grace commented. It was just past 8:00PM, and she was in bed. I had been reading her a story.. "I know you do.. But it's just best for her not to be around." I replied, knowing it really was best for Brynn to stay away, as much as I hated that sometimes..

"How about we just focus on you starting school tomorrow, ok? Your first day at a real school, where you can make lots of friends." I said, and she rolled over, looking at me. "But they're strangers." She commented, and I smiled.

"You can talk to these strangers.. I think you'll make a lot of friends." I replied. She nodded, looking up at me.

Already, she looked so much like Brynn...