Part 28

Five minutes passed, and Harry came out of the bathroom. "Brynn, can you please get dressed?" He asked, and I sighed. "Why can't you just do it? Tell them we didn't know about the interview until right before, and that I'm not here." I commented. He walked over, grabbing one of his sweatshirts and throwing it at me. He then went over, picking my shorts up off the ground and throwing them at me as well..

I groaned, lying back down and pulling the sheets over my head. "Brynn. Get up. This isn't optional." He stated. "I'll be downstairs for the call. Just, please put your clothes on, cover the marks on your neck, and come downstairs when you're done." He said, walking out of the room..

I laid there for another minute, and then got up, going into the bathroom. I rinsed off in the shower, and quickly did the bare-minimum for makeup..

After changing into the clothes Harry had thrown at me, I ran a hand through my hair and went downstairs.. I could hear him already talking to them, and assumed he'd just answered. "So, where is Brynn at? We were told she'd be with you." The guy said, and Harry looked over his shoulder.. "She's a little camera shy." He replied.. "But she is there with you, right?" The guy asked. "Yes. Brynn, come over here." Harry commented.

I was still by the stairs, and sighed, shoving a hand through my hair and walking over. He'd connected the FaceTime on his laptop, and set it on the coffee table so that both of us could fit in the frame.

I sighed, going over and sitting on the couch, but not right next to him. "Ah, there she is. Did you get caught in a rain storm?" The interviewer joked. I looked over at Harry. Was this guy being serious? Does it look like I have the energy to put up with absolutely any type of joke? No.

"Brynn, this is Jack." Harry introduced me, and I sighed, leaning back on the sofa, trying to turn on my fake personality. "Sorry I'm late. I was in the shower." I commented.

"That's exactly what Harry said." Jackson replied. "Yes, well he took a shower, and then I took a shower. Separately." I said. "So the two of you share a bathroom?" Jackson asked, and Harry sighed. This already wasn't going well..

"No." Harry stated, not elaborating. "Right.. Ok, well let's get to the questions." Jack commented.

"So, for starters.. The hotel room in New York last week." He said, and Harry didn't even flinch at the question. "What about it?" He asked, and the guy laughed. "Well it's pretty obvious what happened there, based on the reports from the woman that cleaned the room." Jack replied.

Harry shoved his hands through his hair, briefly glancing in my direction. "So, what's your question?" He asked. "Well, I don't want to pressure either of you to answer. The two of you have made it very clear, on many separate occasions, that you aren't dating. So, we're going to ask again, if the two of you have some sort of romantic relationship going on." He explained, and Harry looked over at me. "You want to answer this one?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes, looking back over at the laptop camera..

"No. Once again, we are not dating. Neither Harry nor myself like to put labels on anything." I answered. "I see.. Ok. But there is something between the two of you, correct? I mean, I think it's pretty hard for you to say no at this point, given the evidence from the hotel." Jack commented.

"We're not putting a definitive label on anything yet. So, we aren't going to confirm or deny any of the rumors." Harry replied, and I sighed, leaning forward and putting our side of the conversation on mute, and looking over at Harry. "I can't do this." I stated, and he looked at me. "What?" He questioned.

"I seriously am going to lose it if one more person asks if we're dating. How many times do we have to say no for them to get it?" I asked. He sighed, shoving a hand through his hair. "What's going on over there?" Jack questioned, and Harry glanced over, but didn't answer.

"No, I think they must have muted their mic." He commented to someone else on his end.. Harry sighed. "So what should we do? I mean, what if we just tell them we're dating?" He asked. "Ok, well we aren't dating. So that would be lying." I stated.. "Right. And I know that.. But, we can just tell them that we are, and then they'll stop asking about it." He explained, and I shoved my hands through my hair, meeting his gaze.

"For those of you not viewing the live stream, and hearing this on the radio, Harry and Brynn have muted their microphone and are now having a separate conversation." Jack explained to the viewers/listeners..

"Harry.. What if it gets back to Grace that we said that we're dating? And we aren't, and she'd get confused and all that.. I just don't see that being beneficial for her." I commented. He nodded, thinking about it. "What if we sit her down and have a conversation with her about it?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I sighed. "It's your career, Harry. Not mine. I really don't have much of a say in what you do. So.. Do or say whatever you think will be most beneficial." I stated. He met my gaze for a few seconds..

"I want you to be okay with it, though. And I know you aren't." He said. "Guys, can we wrap up the private conversation? We're losing viewers." Jack questioned..

"Harry.. Just... I don't know. If you want to lie and say we're dating, that's up to you." I replied, and he sighed, frustrated. He leaned back over, hitting the unmute button. "Sorry about that." Harry said.. "Yeah, sure, no problem. May I ask what that was about? It seemed interesting." Jack asked, and I sighed. "Right, well we were just discussing some things. Your questions made her uncomfortable." Harry replied. "Oh, I apologize. I didn't mean to come across as offensive." He commented.

"We also made the decision to come out about our relationship, if you really have to call it that.. So, yeah. Brynn and I are "dating" or whatever." Harry commented. "Without the label. You guys are forcing us to put a label on it." I chipped in. "Oh. Well, there you have it. Thank you for your honesty. The two of you make a really great couple." Jack replied.

I checked the time on my phone, and looked over at Harry. "I'm going to go pick her up." I said quietly, and he nodded, looking over at me as I stood up. He glanced over at the screen, and then reached over, covering the camera. I laughed, bending down and quickly pecking his lips. "I'll see you when you get back." He said, uncovering the camera once I was out of sight..

"Where's she going? If you don't mind me asking." The guy asked. "Grace gets out of school in 20 minutes. So, she's going to pick her up." Harry answered. I grabbed a pair of shoes and my keys, and then walked out the door.

I immediately felt myself relax, knowing I didn't have to answer anymore of his questions...