Part 33

** July 19, 2028 **

"Brynn Matthews?" I barely heard from behind me. I'd gone out for a run for the first time in a while, and was walking back. I had black shorts on and a grey hoodie. I turned around, seeing a guy there. "Do you have a minute for a few questions?" He asked. "Not really, no." I replied. "Yes, I can see you're quite busy with your workout. But I just was curious as to why you spent nearly three weeks in a hospital. In France.. It reminded me of the incident in Paris all those years ago." He commented.. He had his phone in his hand, and was clearly recording the conversation. I rolled my eyes, pausing my music and taking one of my headphones out.

"So your question is.." I trailed off. "Why did you spend three weeks in the hospital?" He asked. "Um. Ok, well let's start off by saying that's none of anyone's business but my own. Do you have any other questions, that aren't about that?" I asked, keeping my hood pulled up..

"Yes. So, now that you and Harry have made your relationship official, what does your daughter think about you being back in the picture, since you were out of it for so long?" He questioned. I nodded, thinking about it.. "Well I feel like that's a question for her. I can't really speak for her, but I think she seems happy. She's always been a happy child." I replied. "Right. But children can hide their true emotions. She could be really unhappy." He commented.

"Is that what happened to you? I mean, hell, you're in no position to speak for what she's feeling. As parents, Harry and I are very open and listen to Grace. We encourage her to express her feelings, and listen to whatever she has to say." I explained, getting annoyed. I jumped when I felt someone's hand on my waist. I glanced over my shoulder, relaxing when I saw Harry. I'm not sure how he knew where I was, maybe he'd been following me on my run..

"Wow. It's so good to meet you." The guy said, and Harry stepped forward, shaking the guy's hand. "I'm Trevor. I was just asking Brynn some questions." He said. "Right, of course." Harry commented, taking a step back so he was standing next to me.

"We were talking about your daughter, Grace. How do you think she's reacted to Brynn's return, despite her being absent for the first five years of her life?" Trevor asked. "Uh, well. She definitely missed her mum during those years, but it was something she was pretty much born into, so she didn't know any different.. And so, uh.. Yeah, Brynn came back into our lives, and uh, Grace is doing very well. She's happy." Harry commented. "Was there ever any anger directed towards Brynn at the beginning?" He asked.

"No. None." Harry stated. "Right.. And if you don't mind me asking, why was Brynn absent the first five years? What happened there? Since, the two of you have previously claimed that you weren't dating, it couldn't have been a breakup. Brynn, were you just feeling lazy? Didn't want to put in the work of being a mum? You were pretty young when you had her.." Trevor questioned.

I swear these reporter/interviewer people have absolutely no boundaries, and it pisses me off..

"Again, none of your business. I mean seriously, you people ask the worst questions. You don't see me asking you a million questions about your personal life, so fuck off of mine." I stated, about to walk away when Harry put his arm around me. "Ok, ok. It's fine, Brynn. It's his job." He commented.

"I couldn't care less about his job." I replied, annoyed. "Okay, just.. Let me answer the questions, ok?" He asked quietly, looking at me. I sighed, meeting his gaze for a few seconds. "Fine." I muttered, still pissed off..

"Alright. So, to answer your question, it was Brynn's choice to leave. But it was also her decision to come back." Harry said. "After the hard part of teaching your daughter how to talk, and write, and socialize." Trevor commented. I rolled my eyes, ready to go off on him again. Harry still had his arm around my waist, and gently pressed his fingers into my side. It was his way of telling me to calm down and let him answer..

"Sure, yeah. And that doesn't make her a bad person. She had some personal stuff going on, and needed time to herself, and that's okay. It's her life, and I think as long as she was happy during that time, that's all that matters. Because it didn't affect the way our daughter turned out." Harry explained.. "Uh huh. Personal stuff. Like what happened in France three weeks ago that put her in the hospital?" Trevor asked, and Harry glanced down at me briefly..

"Sure." He said. "We have to get going now, thanks." Harry stated before Trevor could say anything else. He let go of me and I immediately turned and continued the walk back to Harry's place.

He had to jog a little to catch up to me, and then walked beside me. "Brynn, he was recording that. You can't act like that with them." He stated, and I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to pretend like I'm fine being asked those ridiculous questions. If I wanted to talk about my personal life that much, I would.. But I don't, because it's no one's damn business." I replied.. He sighed, shoving his hands through his hair.

"Now, why were you following me?" I asked. "Oh. Um. I was worried about you." He said, and I sighed. "He's in a maximum security prison, with no access to the outside world." I commented. "And the girl you said was with him?" He asked. "Right.. Well, she never actually tried to take me on. She just brought me to Ryan.. I think I could probably knock her out in one go." I stated, and he laughed, looking over at me.

"So, um. What happened after she brought you to Ryan?" He questioned.. "I'm not talking about this." I said, and he sighed. "Ok, well.. Next time you want to go for a run, will you please let me know instead of trying to sneak out?" He asked. "No." I replied, and he looked over at me. "Brynn. I'm serous. You need to be more careful." He commented. I rolled my eyes, stopping in front of his gate and typing the combination in..

"I think I'll be fine going on my own. But thanks for your concern."