Part 26

I got back to my hotel, swiping my key card and walking into the room.. After shutting the door back behind me, I turned around, instantly stopping. From where I was standing, it looked like someone was lying in my bed.. I hesitated, and then slowly moved forward, looking around the corner.

I relaxed, and groaned. "Why are you here, and how did you know where I was staying?" I asked, and Harry rolled over, slowly sitting up in the bed, looking at me. "The guy that's working for Jeff found you." He replied.

"Why are you here? Is Grace here?" I asked, looking around. "No, she has school." He said. "Right.. So.. Can you answer my question, or are you going to make me ask it a third time?" I questioned.. He sighed, moving the covers out of the way, and getting off the bed, standing up. "Because, Brynn. You've been ignoring me for almost a month now, and I didn't even know if I'd find you here. Hell, a part of me thought you might be dead again." He stated.

I shrugged, not saying anything. "Why are you being like this? Is it because of our conversation in your apartment? 'Cause we can just forget about that." He commented.. "We can't forget about it. I'm pretty sure you probably will never forget it." I said, and he sighed. "I mean... It was a breakthrough, Brynn. You've never been able to feel anything for anyone, until me. But you won't admit it to yourself. Why?" He asked.. "Because, Harry. You're irritating, and clingy, and you ask too many questions.. And you follow me around when I'm trying to get away from you." I replied, slipping my wet shoes off and putting them up against the wall.

"But?" He asked, and I glanced over my shoulder, studying him for a moment. I sighed, pulling my wet sweatshirt off. I was only wearing a bra under it, but didn't care because he's seen me a dozen times like this. "But... I'm pretty sure that I might, maybe.. possibly.. be into you." I commented, watching as a smile instantly appeared on his face..

He walked over, not hesitating to gently touch the side of my face and kiss me. I hesitated a moment, hating myself for admitting my feelings for him out loud.. And then I kissed him back, slowly bringing my hand up and touching the side of his neck..

He moved, backing me into a wall, pushing his hands through my hair. His hands moved down to my waist, and he pulled back, looking at me, his fingers locked around the button on my jeans.. He searched my eyes for a few seconds, and I sighed, grabbing one of his hands. I walked around him, pulling him over to the bed. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Shut up and take your shirt off." I said, and he laughed, letting go of my hand and quickly pulling his shirt off, dropping it onto the floor....

••••

••••

"Holy shit." He got out, out of breath. "I know." I commented, getting off of him and lying on my back next to him.. He took the condom off, tossing it into the trash bin by the bed..

He laid back down beside me, and I stared up at the ceiling.. After a few minutes, he looked over at me. He turned onto his side, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "You know how incredible you are, right?" He asked, and I laughed, looking at him. "Yeah." I said, and he smiled...

"I want you to come back to London with me." He commented, and I sighed, hesitating. "Grace needs you." He stated. "She went five years thinking I was dead, Harry... I don't think she'll notice much of a difference." I replied.

"She will. Because you made the decision to come back into her life. You can't just skip out whenever you feel like it." He said, and I sighed.. "I can't be what you want me to be, and you know that.." I commented. "No, Brynn. I don't know that.. You've changed, and honestly.. You need to be a mother to her. She needs you in her life, and I think part of you knows that." He replied, and I looked at him, studying his eyes for a few seconds..

"She doesn't need me in her life, Harry.. No one needs me in their life. I'm toxic, and it's like everyone who comes into contact with me just ends up hurt." I said, and he shook his head. "I need you in mine. I don't care if I get hurt. I need you in my life, Brynn." He stated without hesitation, and I looked at him, pulling the sheets over me more since the hotel room was freezing..

"Please?" He asked, and I sighed, not answering him.. I moved closer to him, feeling his arm come around my waist as he got under the covers. I tucked my head under his chin, feeling the heat radiating off of his chest. "How is your skin always so cold? I don't get why the heart surgery didn't change that?" He asked, lightly dragging his finger down the center of my chest, where the scar was still slowly fading. I shrugged, slowly letting one of my arms rest across his stomach.

"Brynn.. Will you please come back to London with me?" He questioned, and I sighed again. "And do what? I'd have to find another house over there, and I'd still be working all the time, so you'd never see me." I replied, feeling him gently pull his fingers through the ends of my hair. "Well, it'd still be better then you being all the way across the Atlantic." He said, and I hesitated..

"Harry.. It's just too complicated." I commented, tensing up with he touched one of the scars on my back. "Sorry." He said quietly, moving his hand.. "And, it's not complicated.. I already bought you a plane ticket. For tonight." He stated. "Why would you do that?" I asked.

"Because, I need you in my life. And... I think you need me in yours."