14

Elsa's POV

I blew it! Just as things were getting better, I blew it! And not just in front of one person, it had to be the entire school! The look on Anna's face burns into my mind, making me cry. I lean against the ice wall and hear a scratching sound. My head jerks up and I look at the wall. Two words are written there. They look backwards to me, but I know what they say.

I'm sorry.

Right next to that is a flower. Did I do that? I didn't mean to, but it must have been in my subconscious. I cry even harder, rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet. I'm sorry....I'm sorry....If my life was described in two words it would be: I'm sorry. Sorry for everything I did and sorry for hurting anyone. Shallow breaths come out of me. For once my tears aren't cold; they're the warm, stinging kind. I hug myself and notice my body's shaking like a leaf. Even if it seems impossible I stand up. I know what will happen tomorrow. I will be called a freak, a monster and much worse. So it's time to let out any negative feelings I feel right now. I run to the lake and touch the water. It freezes at my touch and I run to stand in the middle of the lake. Then I do something unexpected. I sing. Long, sweet notes, short strong ones. Eventually a real song comes out.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I'm the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried.

My arms go around me then fall. I'm singing the truth, how I feel right now...and what my father has said.

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know.

I'm who I am now. Nobody can change that. Though on the outside I'll have to cover my true feelings, on the inside I'll have a rare freedom to think and feel how I want. I can truly be myself.

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

Snow patterns come from my hands and I shoot them in the air.

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through

I make a snowman and laugh as it falls in the water.

No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on

I shoot frost over the trees of the Forbidden Forest then start building a tiny ice castle on the other side of the shore. Fine, not tiny, but huge. Not as big as Hogwarts, but still pretty big.

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back,
The past is in the past

I perfect the castle from the distance and run inside. I start singing louder, not afraid of what will happen.

Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone