27

Jack's POV

He's here...an unexpected fear grips my heart leaving me almost unable to breathe. Turmoil is inside me, but I have to stay strong for Elsa. Speaking of Elsa, she's gripping my hand tightly. Her face remains calm but her knuckles are white against her pale skin.

"I will be on the lake, Elsa can you do the honors?" Elphaba straightens and her gaze becomes piercing as she looks out of the castle. Elsa nods, her hands trembling slightly as I let go of her hand. She goes to the entrance and shoots ice over the lake. Hesitantly, her hands spread out and come back together. From her fingertips, mini blizzards shoot out and form into a huge one raging over the lake and forest. I look at Elphaba and she nods. I walk to Elsa and hug her from the behind. Without faltering, she grips my arm and closes her eyes. Elphaba, Glinda, Nessa, Fiyero, Merida, and Hiccup look at us then go outside-wands at the ready.

"Jack," Her whole body starts trembling. "I'm so scared. Scared of losing everyone, scared of getting hurt, scared of Pitch, I'm just scared..."

"Me too," I admit. "But stay strong. I'll promise it'll be alright."

Her eyes look at mine. They're wide but still beautiful. "You can't promise that."

"You're right, I can't. But I can promise that I'll always love you, no matter what happens today. And if-if anything happens today, I'll go through heaven or hell to get you and everyone else," Kissing her forehead, I see her body relax a tiny bit. I mean every word I say.

"I'll be with you for the entire time through that journey," Elsa says. Anna and Rapunzel let out an "awwww" and both of us grin at them.

"Okay, let's go," Kristoff says.

"One second," Elsa says. She goes to Anna and pulls the locket out Anna's hand covers Elsa's over their mother's locket.

"It'll be fine. She would be proud," Anna tells Elsa. I now they're talking about their late mother. Both of them hug each other and they smile. Then Elsa pulls out her wand. She summons a shepherd's staff for some reason then touches it. Icy lines run through it. She then touches it and points it at something. A blast of ice comes from it. Satisfied, she gives it to me.

"Here. It's another way of protection against Pitch. If anything happens to your wand..." Elsa hands me it. I take it and it feels oddly comforting to have something from her.

"Thanks," We both look at each other. A blush grows on her face. Flynn makes a face at me from behind Elsa and I just shake my head at him.

Elsa takes a deep breath then goes outside. We all follow her and push through the blizzard. "You okay?" Elsa yells to me.

"Cold never bothered me any-" I start saying it but then I see a horse made of darkness zoom past me. Sandy chases after it while five others chase him.

"Sandy!" I yell.

"Go with him!" Elsa yells. Her hand is glowing blue with snowflakes beginning to spiral out of her hands. "I need to find Elphaba!" When another nightmare runs by, she shoots a snowflake at it which explodes and covers the nightmare in ice. I nod. Honestly, I hate to be separated from Elsa but it looks like my friend needs help.

"Accio broomstick!" My broom flies towards me and I jump onto it. Staff in hand, I fly up to Sandy who's hitting the nightmares with light whips. His usually pleasant face is strained in concentration, his hands seeming to have a mind of their own. I dive down and hook the staff around a horse's neck then throw it to the ground.

Thank you Elsa Winters, I love you!

I do, I do, I do. And I better see her again. No more distractions, stay alive for Elsa. The moment I reach that thought a loud sound booms across the sky. The hairs on the back of my neck rise as I see a dark shape spiral to the ground...with Hiccup on it. The dragon dive bombs down and slashes through all the nightmares surrounding us.