24

Elsa's POV

Tuesday

Right after breakfast I go to the bathroom and come back to find Anna and Jack gone. Curiosity and worry both fill me as I search for them. Hibernis is no help, he just lounges on my bed.

"Kai, have you seen Anna and Jack?" I ask him as he passes. It only takes a few seconds for him to reply. "I believe Miss Winters and your guest are in the music room." The music room?

"Thanks," Leaving quickly after that, I find Anna playing a violin and Jack softly strumming a guitar. Jack notices me first and a big smile fills his face when he sees me.

"Care to join us? You play piano right?" Nodding, I'm surprised that he remembered. I only told him that once when we were bringing up random subjects. Taking my place behind the piano, I run my fingers over the smooth keys. I've barely played since my mother died.

I look up at Jack and Anna. "What song?"

"Any," Anna shrugs. "We were stuck on that actually." Pondering that question I start to play random notes until I find one of my favourite songs notes.

"You know that song Autumn Leaves?" My eyes flicker up to Jack. A smile curls over his lips and he nods. "Anna?"

"Love that song." She starts playing with me and then Jack joins. Taking a breath, Jack begins.

Another day another life
Passes by just like mine
It's not complicated

His voice takes me completely by surprise. It's perfect for this song.

Another mind
Another soul
Another body to grow old
It's not complicated

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?

He puts down the guitar and winks at Anna. Uneasy, I open my mouth to ask him what's wrong but he sweeps me off the piano bench and we start dancing. I almost push him off me, but decide to enjoy the moment.

Float down
Like autumn leaves

He pulls me into a twirl and my skirt almost flares out, but not too much. I laugh as he pulls me back to him. Then he dips me, making confusion swirl in my brain. I tilt my head back and catch him looking at me. After a few seconds, he makes me stand straight.

Hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep
And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me

Our hands are tightly locked as Anna smiles at the pair of us.

Another tear
Another cry

Caressing my face lightly with his thumb, he smiles sadly at me. I smile back, trying to lighten him up.

Another place for us to die
It's not complicated

Another life that's gone to waste
Another light lost from your face
It's complicated

I lean my head into his chest.

Is it that it's over or do birds still sing for you?
Float down
Like autumn leaves

His head goes over mine and my eyes flutter close.

Hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep

As soft as could be, he kisses the crown of my head. A soft pink blush lightly dusts my cheeks.

And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me