19

Elsa's POV

Hibernis sits up panicked and pounces on Anna's feet. He runs around Anna's feet and she scoops him up. She pets his back and smiles at him while glaring at me at the same time.

"And you have the nerve to tell me not to sleep with Hans?" My sister looks outraged. I sit straight and Jack falls off the bed.

"No Anna it's not what it looks li-" I begin a hurried explanation.

"We're not sleeping together in that way. We just cuddle a lot," Jack says. Smooth, Jack. Real smooth. Sheepishly, he gets up from the ground. Anna just nods, her arms crossed.

"Yeah....right..." Her eyes travel over my body then Jack's. "Good. At least you're wearing clothes." She sniffs. I feel my face flush, and since my skins so pale it probably looks like a tomato.

"Of course we are," Without looking at Jack, I open the balcony windows and refreshing, cool air hugs my face. That's what I needed. It was way too hot last night...in more ways than one. Anna follows me while Jack slowly sneaks to the door. A feeling of hurt goes through me as he silently slips out. Hibernis notices too, because he jumps out of Anna's arms and runs over to the door. Disappointment comes off in waves off him as he checks out the balcony.

"Sorry about that," Anna winces.

"Its fine," I shrug it off.

A fierce light comes in Anna's eyes. "No, it's not. A real person who cares about you would stick around for you!" She points her wand at the icy lake below. Looking outside, I see that the snow is above my ankle if I were to step outside.

"How did you get here?" My arm causally hits Anna's and the melting spell misses the ice and hits a random patch of snow.

"Skated."

"Skated?" Anna's only skated two times around a tiny pond, and she fell on both occasions. How many times has she fallen on a lake twenty times its size? Anna rubs her bottom nervously.

"Actually about that....can I sit down?" She grins sheepishly as I cross my arms.

"Fine."

Line Break

Jack doesn't show up for diner that evening, which I find odd. He loves food. Not like I've noticed or anything...come to think about it, Punzie isn't here either. Whatever. I owe Jack for helping me with Hibernis. Maybe he's at the common room. I get an extra plate and fill it with his favourites just before dessert comes. Yeah...he also loves dessert. So do I actually, especially if it's chocolate. I load both plates with chocolate cake and start eating my slice. Jack has been pretty nice to me, even if I have been shutting him out. But of course, that makes everything worse. Guilt isn't a feeling I'm used to, but I have to try to deal with it. I sneak up behind Flynn and tap his shoulder.

"Oh, it's you," He sounds both relieved and disappointed.

"I don't know whether to laugh at your obvious fear or be insulted," I respond with the exact same tone he had before. Flynn concedes a laugh.

He raises an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

"Uh-what's the Slytherin common room password?" This is awkward. The Slytherins around him turn to look at me.

"This about Jacky boy?" Containing it is hard, so I laugh at the silly nickname. Not trusting my voice, I nod. "Well..." He gestures me to lean in, and when I do he flicks at a loose strand of my hair before telling. "Basilisk poison." I nod and turn around.

"Actually, can I come with you? I'm worried about Punzie but I can't answer that doors questions. So you make your stop then me?" A quick nod from me makes him smile.