24

"That isn't enough to feed her for lunch." Kathy scoffed, sitting in front of me at the bench & I shook the bottle.

"It's all she eats Kathy." I sighed, putting it in the microwave.

"Because she thinks that's all you have to give her."

"She wastes it otherwise, if she's still hungry I put her on the boob."

"Give her to me, you're a rookie at this, I had four kids so I know how to do it."

I put the bottle in front of her and she held Dakota.

There's nothing I hate more than stupid old moms telling me how to parent my kid.

She wouldn't finish the rest of the bottle, like I said to Kathy.
Shocker.

"I told you." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"That's why she's so skinny." She scoffed, rubbing Kota's back.

"She's not skinny." I laughed, drinking from my tea.

"Have you taken her to the doctors?"

"I was a little baby & I'm fine."

"Your mother didn't feed you enough then either." She said, kissing Dakota's head.

I slammed my hands down on the bench & Chibs walked through the door.

"Jade, give me the rest of the bottle." She sighed, smiling at her son.

"Please." I laughed, handing it to her.

"I don't have to show respect for you."

"What? It's not about respect, it's about being a decent human being & having manners."

"Do not talk to me like that young girl." She growled, making me mad.

Always talking down to me.
Stupid old hag.

"What have I done to you Kathy? Why do you hate me so much?"

"You've kept my son away from his family in Belfast. He has a daughter there too you know."

"What?" I laughed, she can't seriously blame me for that. I wasn't even with Chibs when that shit went down. "His wife who left him for another man didn't make him wanna stay? Shocking." I sighed & Chibs walked over.

"Hi pretty girl." He smiled, grabbing Dakota & looking between his mother and I.

"What's going on?"

"She thinks I took you away from your family in Belfast, that's why she hates me."

"Ma I told you, Fiona doesn't want me to see Kerrianne. There's nothing I can do about that. I send them money every month, I try to be a dad for Kerri without even knowing her." Chibs sighed.

"She didn't take you back because of Jade. She would've, I speak to her all the time. She wants to leave Jimmy & be a family with you again, but she thinks you won't go."

"I've done nothing here for you to hate me. I wasn't even with him when that happened Kathy, so please leave me alone. I don't keep him here, if he wanted to leave he would have." I interrupted.

"Of course, you would've been in diapers still when he was with Fiona. You're a dirty girl Jade, getting pregnant after a few months with someone you're not even married to."

"I beg your pardon?" I asked.
Boy, this woman had a nerve.
Bitch is lucky her son is here or I would've skull dragged her across this floor.