4: Let's Swim!

• Let's Swim! •

Y/n's POV

"Ohayo!* Arriving at class, Momo wore a broad grin as she called out to Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon nodded at her while Chaeyoung waved her hand.

It was rather unusual for them to get here so early. It'd been one week since the first day of school, and the three of them would always make it to class right before the bell rang.

*I was looking forward to today so much that I barely slept last night," Momo said as she sat down on her chair.

"This school is just the best! I can't believe that it's almost time for swimming." Replied Chaeyoung, smiling from ear to ear.

I was sitting in my chair, watching them talk to each other. I then sighed and thought how nice it would be to have friends.

"Pathetic," a familiar voice said.

I turned to my right and saw Tzuyu. "Good morning, Tzuyu. How long have you been there? I didn't notice you."

"I just arrived while you were looking at those girls over there," she replied. "If you want to be their friend, why not try just talking to them?"

I sighed. "If I could just do it, I wouldn't be agonizing over it."

She averted her eyes from me then took her notebook from her bag. "From what I've seen, you don't seem to be unsociable or lacking in communication skills, though."

"There are a lot of reasons why I can't do it. So far, you're the only person I've been able to talk to, Tzuyu."

"Wait just a minute." Tzuyu leaned away from me as if in disgust. "I already warned you not to, but you wouldn't be thinking of me as your friend, would you?"

I shook my head and stared out my window. "It's fine. No matter how low I sink, I'd never dream of being your friend."

"I see. I feel a little relieved."

I wondered just how much Tzuyu hated having friends.

"Hey, Y/n!" I heard Momo call my name.

I looked up and saw her beaming at me, so I quickly stood. "What is it?"

"Well." She showed me a tablet and opened a spreadsheet. "We're having a bet on who's the fastest swimmer."

The names of all the students in our class were displayed. There were numbers listed as well.

I honestly had no interest in gambling, but I couldn't let this opportunity go to waste.

"Uh. Is it okay if I join you?" I asked.

"Of course! Come on, let's go over there." She took my hand and brought me to her seat, which was between Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon's seat isn't originally there. She just sits there to have a chat with Momo and Chaeyoung when classes aren't starting yet.

Chaeyoung smiled with her dimples as she waved her hand. "Hi, Y/n!"

"Hey, Y/n." Jeongyeon also greeted me.

"So, what's your wager? It's 1000 points to join," said Momo, who was standing in front of me.

Scanning the list, I realized that not only did I not know the capability of half the people here, but I also didn't know the names and faces of most of my classmates.