24: Sweet, Sweet Summer Week?

• Sweet, Sweet Summer Week? •

Y/n's POV

The endless summer sea. The infinite blue skies. The perfectly clear air.

Here, in the midst of the Pacific Ocean, we didn't feel the intense midsummer heat, and the gentle sea breeze kissed our bodies.

"Whoa! This is the beeeeeeest!" shouted Chaeyoung, both hands holding on to the railings.

A group of girls then came out from the ship’s cabin which was led by Sana. "This view is incredible! I'm honestly super moved right now!"

"Seriously, the scenery here is just amazing!" Dahyun, who was beside Sana, pointed out to the expansive ocean, wearing a radiant smile.

After overcoming numerous hardships, midterms, and the final exam, the Seoul Metropolitan Advanced Reflecting Teaching High School had arranged for an extravagant two-week trip. A cruise on a luxury liner.

"If this were a normal trip, it would've been impossible for us to go. I mean, just imagine how much the school paid for this luxurious cruise." Momo looked around with her mouth slightly agape.

"I never dreamed that high schoolers could go on such a luxurious cruise. And it's for two whole weeks!" As Jeongyeon had stated, this was certainly no ordinary trip.

The cruise liner was fully equipped with everything from prestigious restaurants to a theater, and even an upscale spa.

According to the schedule, we would spend our first week staying at a fancy summer lodge on a deserted island. After that, we would enjoy the cruise ship for another week.

"Hi, Y/n!"

I looked to mg right and saw Dahyun beaming at me. "Hey, Dahyun."

She then looked to her left and right as if looking for someone. "Where's Tzuyu? Weren't you two together?"

I shrugged. "Who knows? I'm not her keeper."

I didn't recall seeing Tzuyu after breakfast.

"Attention, students. Please assemble on the deck. You will be able to see the island soon. This is a good time to take in some rather significant scenery." This rather strange announcement was issued from the ship's PA.

A few minutes after the announcement, the island appeared on the horizon. Other students noticed, and began assembling on the deck.

Then, some particularly domineering boys and girls showed up and began pushing us out of the way to get the best position.

"You're in the way. Move it, you defect." One of the girls tried to intimidate me and shoved my shoulder.

I almost fell but luckily, Momo was fast enough to hold my arm, preventing me from falling.

Dahyun, looking worried, came to my side immediately. "Are you hurt?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" Jeongyeon immediately responded in kind, trying to intimidate them right back while Chaeyoung was trying to stop her.

One of them smirked. "You do understand how this school is structured, right? Class D-efects don't get any human rights. We're all in Class A over here so back off."

Jeongyeon looked displeased but managed to restrain herself. The students from Class D then departed from the bow of the ship as if we'd been chased out.