6: Hang Out

• Hang Out •

Y/n's POV

"HAHAHA! Really? What happened next?" Momo chatted loudly with Chaeyoung during second-period math.

Halfway through class, Jeongyeon crashed through the door and barged into the classroom. She slumped in her seat with a yawn, clearly not caring how late she was.

"Hey, Jeongyeon! Wanna get lunch later?" Chaeyoung called out to Jeongyeon from across the room.

The math teacher continued the lesson without even paying attention to his class.

Normally, the teacher would have flicked a piece of chalk at Chaeyoung, but perhaps out of some feeling of laissez-faire, all of the teachers tolerated that kind of behavior.

Even when it came to poor language, being late to class, or dozing off, no one cared.

While at first, our class had acted more reserved, now everyone was far too flippant.

Of course, there were a few students, like Tzuyu, who studied diligently.

"Haven't you made quite a few friends?" Asked Tzuyu who was copying what was written on the blackboard into her notebook.

I rested my cheek on my hand and looked out my window. "Somewhat, I suppose."

Although I was anxious at first, I'd gotten to know Jeongyeon from our encounter at the convenience store, helped Momo when she had trouble comprehending the bathroom signs, and returned Chaeyoung's valuable paintbrush when she dropped it on her way to the dormitories.

Sometimes the four of us ate lunch together.

Even though I was far from having a best friend, before I knew it, I could say that I had some friends.

For the third period, we had history class with Ms. Irene.

When the bell rang, Ms. Irene walked into the noisy classroom. "Quiet down a little. Today's lesson will be a bit serious."

"What do you mean, Ms. Irene?"

"It's the end of the month, so we're going to have a short test. Please
pass these to the back." She handed out the papers to the students in the front row.

Eventually, the single-sheet test reached my desk. It contained questions in the five main subjects.

"Huh? I wasn't listening, though. This is so unfair!" A student cried.

"This test is just for future reference. Your scores won't be reflected on your report cards, so there's no need to worry. Of course, cheating is prohibited."

Usually, only general grades were reflected in your report card. But the way Ms. Irene said that the scores wouldn't be reflected in our report cards made me think that it could be reflected in some other way.

As soon as the pop quiz began, I scanned the questions. There were 4 questions per subject, for a total of 20. Each question was worth 5 points, for a total of 100 points.

Most of the questions were
extraordinarily easy, to the point where it was almost a letdown.

In fact, the questions seemed to be about two levels less complicated than the ones on the entrance examination. It appeared far too easy.

However, just as I thought that, I reached the end of the test.

The final three math problems couldn't be solved without complex formulae and these types of questions couldn't be geared toward a first-year high school student.