Chapter 6

And the drama continues.....

In the morning, Kartik woke up with a severe headache.

He went to the bathroom.

He looked in the mirror and saw his bloodshot red eyes. Even his nose was red. His cheek were flushed.

He washed his face and brushed his teeth.

He was starving so he went to open the door to go to the kitchen and get something to eat.

As soon as he opened the door, somebody fell on his feet.

He looked down and saw a very tired and sleepy Aman.

Kartik remembered all about last night and asked coldly, "What are you still doing here?"

Aman stood up and looked at Kartik. He noticed his red rimmed eyes. Aman felt guilty as it was his fault Kartik had ran into the room.

"Kartik, Meri baat suno. Main tumse-" (Kartik, just listen to me. I want you-)

Aman was cut off by Kartik, "Mujhe nhi sunna hai kuch bhi. Yaha se jao bas tum" (I don't want to hear anything. Just get out.)

"Kartik, tum samaj ne ki kosish toh-" (Kartik, try to understand-)

Kartik again cut Aman off, "Kya samju main? Ke tum bhi ek homophobic ho? Yeh samju?" (What do you want me to understand? That you too are a homophobic? You want me to understand that?)

Aman didn't like someone cutting him off. But he tried again.

"Kartik, aisa kuch nhi-" (Kartik, there nothing like-)

"Mujhe kuch nhi sunna! Jao yaha se!" (I don't wanna hear it! Get out!)

Aman was angry as well now.

"Thik hai! Kabhi sunne ki iccha ho ke main kya bolna chahata tha toh bol dena!" (Fine! If you ever wish to listen what I want to say then talk to me!)

Just like that Aman left.

Kartik broke down again.

Hearing all the yelling, Lily came out of her room just to find Kartik curled up and sobbing.

Lily immediately went to Kartik's side and took him in her arms.

"Kya hua mere Dumbo ko?" Lily whispered. (What happened to my Dumbo?)

"Aman...." that was all that Kartik managed to say and then started to sob even harder.

Lily was scared. She had never seen Kartik like this.

"Dumbo, please rona band kar... " (Dumbo, please stop crying...)

Lily held Kartik until his sobs turned into whimpers.

Lily wiped the tears that had left from Kartik's eyes and said, "Kartik, kya hua?" (Kartik, what happened?)

Finally Kartik managed to get the words out of his mouth and explained everything that happened.

After Kartik finished, Lily said calmly, "Shayad Aman surprise ho gaya tha, Kartik. Tum rozz rozz kisi ko India mai 'main gay hu' bolte hui nhi sunte. Ek baar uski baat sun toh le." (Maybe Aman was surprised, Karrik. Everyday you don't see people saying that 'I am gay' in India. Just hear him out once.)

Kartik thought about it. And he may have over reacted slightly. Scratch that, he knew he over reacted.

"Main baat toh karlu but kese baat chalu karu usse. I just kicked him out of our house." Kartik whimpered. (I want to talk to him but I don't know how. I just kicked him out of our house.)

"Dumbo, I am sure vo bahot khush hoga agar tu usse baat karega toh." (Dumbo, I am sure he will be very happy if you talk to him.)

"Han, main kuch karta hu" (Ok. I will do something.)

But Kartik didn't know what.